Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:57 PM
Child Care Provider

Default Mom Wants You to Stay Awake All Night With Her Baby?

What do you think about this?

"I need a nighttime nanny to stay awake from 11 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. to watch my little girl while I am working overnights. She sleeps through most nights, but I still want someone who will be awake at all hours while watching her. I work five days a week so I would like to pay $200 a week."

This is 42.5 hours during the night and if it is 5 days (she checked seven, so it's probably rotating) then that is $4.71 an hour?! This was an ad I saw this week for child care in my area.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:06 PM

My first thought is: Who is going to stay awake and watch the baby while she's sleeping during the day?

Who wants to take bets....first child of a child worshipper?
Old 08-05-2010, 03:18 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

exactly....

if this mother is working nights, she no doubt will need to sleep during the day. who is watching the baby then?
Old 08-05-2010, 03:48 AM
Daycare.com Member

Ditto on the "who's watching the baby during the day?"

But seriously, she knows you are a daycare provider and have children during the day? She knows you are a human being and NOT a robot? Does she understand that humans need sleep?

Oh, now I get it - you are supposed to sacrifice everyone and everything else (including the rest of your business) to enable her and her neurotic first-time mother behavior.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:14 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

It seems that she is asking for a nanny, not child care in someone elses home and with other kids. Actually this job would be perfect for a young person who is willing to work 3rd shift, I bet she fills the position soon.
But I too wonder what she plans on doing during the day while she sleeps???
Old 08-05-2010, 06:27 AM
Daycare.com Member

No doubt a college kids snags this!!! It in her home, she is hiring a nanny not a child care provider!!

But yes she is crazy in making the person stay up all night... That us why there are baby monitors, duh!!
Old 08-05-2010, 06:30 AM
judytrickett

Um...yeah, a real gem.....

I feel sorry for the poor schmuck that actually takes her up on that offer. They have no idea the hell she has in store for them.

WAYYYY to neurotic. What is she gonna do when the child starts to walk and run or, gasp....wanna ride a bike???

Ugh....the poor kid is gonna end up in a bubble.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:59 AM
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by judytrickett View Post
Um...yeah, a real gem.....

I feel sorry for the poor schmuck that actually takes her up on that offer. They have no idea the hell she has in store for them.

WAYYYY to neurotic. What is she gonna do when the child starts to walk and run or, gasp....wanna ride a bike???

Ugh....the poor kid is gonna end up in a bubble.
Nah

I think she wants someone to care for the kid in her home. She knows she's gotta pay a decent amount to get the person to come to her. She's figured if she has to pay that amount she might as well get her monies worth so she's going to set a JOB to do while the kid is sleeping... which is watch the kid sleep.

OR

The kid has some kind of problem that she doesn't want to advertise in the ad because even for two hundred a week to care for a sleeping kid... not too many people will take a sick kid for that amount of money.

I hope whoever takes it is ready to be live on the internet. Nanny Cam would be the only way to make sure the person stayed awake.

I wouldn't have any problem with a parent willing to pay to have someone watch their kid sleep BUT not at four bucks an hour. It's just another way to want something and not be willing to pay for it. At least pay the person minimum wage. If there was a decent salary in it.. it could be a great job for a college kid who could study or a kid who is already up really late every night anyway texting friends and being on the computer. That's IF the kid is healthy.

Tags
baby, care, nanny, night, overnight