Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 12-03-2013, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

Default Fever?

What temperature do you consider is a fever if it is a forehead or armpit reading? (In Celcius)
Old 12-03-2013, 01:03 PM
Daycare.com Member

38.333- I think that's what 101.0 converts to. Also, when taking an armpit reading you are supposed to add a degree on most thermometers. My policy is if it gets to 101 F, then they have to go home.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Daycare.com Member

I have 100 degrees in my contract but I think others would say 101. I do armpit, I feel its more accurate than forehead. In my dc once a child's temp reaches 100 they are pretty pitiful.
Deb
Old 12-03-2013, 02:53 PM
Family Childcare Provider

100.5* is what our Ped considers a true fever. I have a boy who literally runs anywhere from 98.9-100.4* unless he's sick and has
a true fever of 102+! He's always warm! I only take him temp now if he feels warm to the touch AND acting off. Otherwise I see 100 and start monitoring him closer which is pointless because mom doesn't care anyway.

Tags
fever, fever - policy