Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 07-19-2015, 03:13 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Child Killer and Molester Released from Prison

I realize he served his time and is a free man. It still makes me nervous that he's out and could potentially come to the area I live in (approx. 1.5 hours away)

http://www.wsbt.com/news/local/lapor...again/34217542
Old 07-19-2015, 03:33 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Not cool. I am surprised at him being released initially, without serving the consecutive sentences, then receiving such a short term for the child rape offense after he was released for the child murder convictions.

A good reminder for everyone to be hyper-vigilant about keeping a keen eye on your kids.

A sad reminder of the soul-less people who walk amongst us.

There is a special place in hell for monsters like him.
Old 07-19-2015, 04:20 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

What gets me, is after 40 years in jail he gets out and molests a child. All that jail time changed nothing. He should have spent the remainder of his life in jail after the last incident. They better keep an eye on this guy, he's a repeat offender and a danger to children.

Last edited by Michael; 07-20-2015 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-19-2015, 06:09 PM
Daycare.com Member

Why oh why did they let him go???
Just looking into his eyes gives me the creeps.

I've always been on the fence about the death penalty. But if ever there were crimes that justified it, he's done them. At the very least, life with no parole.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:36 AM
Daycare.com Member

Itís the law and legal system.

Do I want him out free near any other human being? NO.

We live in an imperfect world. I highly doubt he is rehabilitated. I am hoping he just doesnít hurt anyone.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:44 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidGrind View Post
Itís the law and legal system.

Do I want him out free near any other human being? NO.

We live in an imperfect world. I highly doubt he is rehabilitated. I am hoping he just doesnít hurt anyone.
This.

The police seem to be on it, so hopefully that helps.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:36 AM
Daycare.com Member

Our prisons and jails are overfull. No one serves their sentence because there are too many incoming prisoners. Someone who should serve 25 years is getting out in 2.5. People sentenced to 1 year in county jail are serving DAYS instead of months or years. Taxpayers don't want to pay for more prisons and staff for them, but they want criminals to serve their sentence. Unfortunately, we can't have it both ways. If we want dangerous criminals in prison, we have to be willing to pay to house them.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
Our prisons and jails are overfull. No one serves their sentence because there are too many incoming prisoners. Someone who should serve 25 years is getting out in 2.5. People sentenced to 1 year in county jail are serving DAYS instead of months or years. Taxpayers don't want to pay for more prisons and staff for them, but they want criminals to serve their sentence. Unfortunately, we can't have it both ways. If we want dangerous criminals in prison, we have to be willing to pay to house them.

I also think that a comment someone else made previously in this thread is important.....

"all that time in prison did nothing"

I believe MORE efforts need to be put into rehabilitation of those serving time. If they are in jail/prison for something that warrants it, I believe the old methods of labor camps and good old fashion hard work would be useful for not only the state but the prisoner.

Like discipline methods in child care...

When a certain method does not work to curb or eliminate unwanted behaviors, we look to find something that does work.

Right now, serving time alone does not work. If it did, we would not have so many repeat offenders.

As a country, we need to find ways that stop people from reoffending. The punishment/consequence needs to be effective enough to stop repeated behaviors. Right now, serving time in prison seems to be easy. Food, clothing, shelter, TV, internet, education options, "recess", social hours etc....

I know those that are serving time will disagree but if it's so bad, why do people continue to reoffend? Statistics say that the average prisoner serving time is serving time for the 3rd (or more) time.

IMHO, that is where the issue lies.

We wouldn't have to find the funding to continue housing criminals if prison was somehow effective enough to stop them from wanting to reoffend.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:14 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
We need to stop arresting non violent drug offenders so there is more room for violent criminals and they can stay longer.

Read this whole article that goes with this video. It spells it out.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/17/us...ma-prison.html

Laurel
Old 07-20-2015, 09:16 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post

I also think that a comment someone else made previously in this thread is important.....

"all that time in prison did nothing"

I believe MORE efforts need to be put into rehabilitation of those serving time. If they are in jail/prison for something that warrants it, I believe the old methods of labor camps and good old fashion hard work would be useful for not only the state but the prisoner.

Like discipline methods in child care...

When a certain method does not work to curb or eliminate unwanted behaviors, we look to find something that does work.

Right now, serving time alone does not work. If it did, we would not have so many repeat offenders.

As a country, we need to find ways that stop people from reoffending. The punishment/consequence needs to be effective enough to stop repeated behaviors. Right now, serving time in prison seems to be easy. Food, clothing, shelter, TV, internet, education options, "recess", social hours etc....

I know those that are serving time will disagree but if it's so bad, why do people continue to reoffend? Statistics say that the average prisoner serving time is serving time for the 3rd (or more) time.

IMHO, that is where the issue lies.

We wouldn't have to find the funding to continue housing criminals if prison was somehow effective enough to stop them from wanting to reoffend.
You're absolutely right!
Old 07-20-2015, 01:12 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
We need to stop arresting non violent drug offenders so there is more room for violent criminals and they can stay longer.

Read this whole article that goes with this video. It spells it out.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/17/us...ma-prison.html

Laurel
I completely agree. This man murdered two children and molested another and is walking the streets, yet there are people who used drugs and are in there for far longer. If we change the war on drugs and use our time, money, and available prison space for VIOLENT criminals, we would be far better off. Drug users do not need prison...they need rehabilitation and support. This man needs to be locked up for the rest of his life and it is a tragedy that he is not. I hope it does not take another kid to prove that.

Tags
safety