Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>WWYD?! Raising My Rates For New Family
LaLa1923 10:03 AM 10-10-2013
Here a some facts:

I have a new sibling set, 10 week old, 15 mo old, and 4yr old in half day
preschool, only comes 2 days one week and 3 days the next. Her preschool is at least 30 min away from here. (dad and ex arrange this)

I DO NOT allow drop-off or pick-ups from 12-2.

They contracted for 11am-4:30. (mom works 8-4, dad works 3-11)

They pay $200 for new baby. ($25 lower than anywhere else)

$175 for 15 mo old. ($25 lower)

$35 a day for 4yr old. ($15 lower)

When they gave me their contracts I made it clear that I gave them these rates based on the hours they need. (11-430)
If they need more hours we will have to redo our contracts.
Their trial period is up and here's how the last few weeks have gone.....

Several times dad has had to drop-off at 7:30am, most other times it averages out to be 9am. He then drops off his 4yr old after school anywhere from 12-1.

I made it clear that after the trial we will have to sit down and talk about how everything has gone.

He does text me when they are on their way so it's not a surprise when they get here.

I really like the parents, super laid back and cool. The kids are very easy going, nap well, eat well, no issues.

When he brings in his daughter I lay her down and she does nap so I have been allowing him to bring her during nap.

My other kids get 9-10 hours of care (per day) for $200 a week so I don't have a problem giving them more hours. I just feel like this needs to be addressed so they know I stick to my word.

Here's what I'm thinking:

1. Allow them 9-4:30 Monday-Thursday, and Friday 11-4:30 (this will allow me to make appointments Friday morning).

$25 a week raise in rate.

2. Allow them 7-4:30 Monday-Thursday, and Friday 11-4:30 one week, the other Friday 9-4:30.

$50 a week raise.

3. Something else?

I would really like opinions please!
Cat Herder 10:19 AM 10-10-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:

I DO NOT allow drop-off or pick-ups from 12-2.

They contracted for 11am-4:30.

They pay $200 for new baby. ($25 lower than anywhere else)

$175 for 15 mo old. ($25 lower)

$35 a day for 4yr old. ($15 lower)

Several times dad has had to drop-off at 7:30am, most other times it averages out to be 9am.

He then drops off his 4yr old after school anywhere from 12-1.

My other kids get 9-10 hours of care (per day) for $200 a week

I would really like opinions please!
1. I'd have to let the 4yo go if they could not follow my "No drop-off from 12-2" policy.

2. The other two would be $200 a week each as they are taking up the same space the 10 hour kids are PLUS the parents schedules are causing more disruption and stress for you.

(that being said, you get more for one child than I get for two... so >>>insert tongue sticking out icon here<<<<
LaLa1923 10:39 AM 10-10-2013
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
1. I'd have to let the 4yo go if they could not follow my "No drop-off from 12-2" policy.

2. The other two would be $200 a week each as they are taking up the same space the 10 hour kids are PLUS the parents schedules are causing more disruption and stress for you.

(that being said, you get more for one child than I get for two... so >>>insert tongue sticking out icon here<<<<
I know what you mean about the 4yr old, but she will only be here this school year.

This is what I'm leaning towards, but they basically want a drop-off window.
($200 per kid)
spinnymarie 12:42 PM 10-10-2013
Yeah I'd charge them what you charge the other 10-hr kids, and offer them 7 - 4:30 (as long as you don't mind them not showing up at 7:00, but couldn't mom just drop them on her way to work...?) And I'd require Dad to bring the preschooler at 12, clearly that is POSSIBLE, so he should just get it done
I don't think I'd even give them the first option of 9:00 - 4:30, since he has needed 7 in the past and it woudl make me CRAZY to have someone two hours earlier than I had thought!
Tags:rate increase, rates
Reply Up