Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Closing Letter Help Needed
Logged Out 03:41 PM 11-04-2013
I need to give my families notice tomorrow that Nov. 22 will be my last day open. My contract requires them to give 2 weeks notice to leave, but I would like to waive that requirement and allow them to leave when they find new care. Parents pay on Friday for the week ahead, and I do not wish to issue any refunds, it would just be too much to deal with. I do have in my contract that payments are not refundable. So I want to let them know that they are free to leave at any time, but if they pay for next week on Friday, I will not be issuing a refund for any reason. Does anyone have a good, professional way to word this?
Michael 04:00 PM 11-04-2013
We have some here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...closing+letter
Unregistered 04:28 PM 11-04-2013
Are you closing for the Xbox 1? Haha my husband took off work for the release of the new xbox.
Scout 05:27 PM 11-04-2013
Dear dcf,
I am writing this letter as a formal notice that I have made the tough decision to close my daycare. My last day of operation will be Nov. 22, 2013. I would like to thank all of you for your faith in me to take care of your children so, therefore, I will be waiving the 2 week notice of termination of contract if you would like to leave earlier. If you decide to leave, you may do so at any time with no notice, however, no refunds for care not given will be issued. I thank you for your understanding in this time. It has been a pleasure to work with all of you and I will miss your children. Please take the following recommendations of childcare centers nearby.

Sincerly,
dcp
SunnyDay 03:12 PM 11-13-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Are you closing for the Xbox 1? Haha my husband took off work for the release of the new xbox.
No, but we will be playing the new Mario for Wii!
SunnyDay 03:15 PM 11-13-2013
Originally Posted by Scout:
Dear dcf,
I am writing this letter as a formal notice that I have made the tough decision to close my daycare. My last day of operation will be Nov. 22, 2013. I would like to thank all of you for your faith in me to take care of your children so, therefore, I will be waiving the 2 week notice of termination of contract if you would like to leave earlier. If you decide to leave, you may do so at any time with no notice, however, no refunds for care not given will be issued. I thank you for your understanding in this time. It has been a pleasure to work with all of you and I will miss your children. Please take the following recommendations of childcare centers nearby.

Sincerly,
dcp
Thanks for your help! The announcement went surprisingly well, everyone was very understanding.

Here's what I ended up using, for future reference I told the parents in person and let them know more about my reasons for closing, but wanted the facts in writing, so the letter is more to the point.

Dear Parents,

It has been our pleasure to care for your children and watch them grow over the past couple of years.

As we let you know in person, the last day we will be available to provide child care is November 22, 2013.

We will waive the requirement to give two weeks notice to end our contract, but we do ask that you let us know as soon as you make a decision about when your child’s last day will be.

All other policies will remain in effect, including the need to pre-pay on Friday if you would like to have child care available for the following week. For accounting purposes, we are unable to issue refunds for days you choose not to use.

Child care referrals are available at ...website...

Thank you,
Us
Tags:closing letter
Reply Up