Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-12-2015, 04:20 AM
Cozy_Kids_Childcare's Avatar
Cozy_Kids_Childcare Cozy_Kids_Childcare is offline
USAF_Wife
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 667
Default Grrrr.... I Think I Might Take My Business FB Page Down

So I got tagged last night in my dcm rant about how she hates hates hates bedtime because when her son has a nap at daycare he refuses to go to bed at night. I got rather pissy about it because of the replies from her friends. So I replied that she needed to go regulate on him and it will stop. She responded with it only makes it worse. Then I was like well put in ear plugs and go on about your night. She responded with that only works till he gets mad an then he just comes downstairs an gets in my face. My kids would never ever do this to me. EVER! It took all I had to just let all my frustration out an tell her you created this problem and I'm not going to sacrifice my precious few alone time so that you can put your child to bed an hour after he gets home. them she started complaining about how being a single working parent is sooooo hard. Then about how her 2-year old was still awake in her crib. I guess next she will want me to not make her nap either so that she can put her to bed at 6pm.
Would it be rude for me to give her a copy of my 123 Magic book and insist she read it? I'm also going to tell her this morning that if he falls asleep I will not wake him up. It is law here that all children not in a school setting such as public preschool and up my have at least two hours of rest time. I do t ask or force this kid to nap he does it on his own.
So I'm thinking about taking down my business FB so that I don't get tagged into these crazy things.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-12-2015, 04:43 AM
finsup's Avatar
finsup finsup is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,028
Default

I believe there are settings so you can make it that you have to approve anything someone tags you in before it shows up. I think I would just tell the mom you were sorry he was having trouble with sleeping, hand her the book and then very firmly make it clear to not involve you in Facebook drama what so ever or she will be deleted/blocked etc. Its hard because so many people use fb and having a page is a great way for others to get information, but its sometimes not worth the drama.

But yeah, my kids wouldn't do this either. If they got out of bed they would silently be moved back to their bed how ever many times it took...but it's never an issue. They both take 2-3 hour naps and go to bed just fine at 7:30.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-12-2015, 04:47 AM
childcaremom's Avatar
childcaremom childcaremom is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozy_Kids_Childcare View Post
So I got tagged last night in my dcm rant about how she hates hates hates bedtime because when her son has a nap at daycare he refuses to go to bed at night. I got rather pissy about it because of the replies from her friends. So I replied that she needed to go regulate on him and it will stop. She responded with it only makes it worse. Then I was like well put in ear plugs and go on about your night. She responded with that only works till he gets mad an then he just comes downstairs an gets in my face. My kids would never ever do this to me. EVER! It took all I had to just let all my frustration out an tell her you created this problem and I'm not going to sacrifice my precious few alone time so that you can put your child to bed an hour after he gets home. them she started complaining about how being a single working parent is sooooo hard. Then about how her 2-year old was still awake in her crib. I guess next she will want me to not make her nap either so that she can put her to bed at 6pm.
Would it be rude for me to give her a copy of my 123 Magic book and insist she read it? I'm also going to tell her this morning that if he falls asleep I will not wake him up. It is law here that all children not in a school setting such as public preschool and up my have at least two hours of rest time. I do t ask or force this kid to nap he does it on his own.
So I'm thinking about taking down my business FB so that I don't get tagged into these crazy things.
I would not get in to anything online with parents. Obviously her friends agree with her and to me that is a ploy to get it to look like you are wrong.

Either way, I would just repeat that your program is for nappers only. And leave it at that. If it's a deal breaker for her, then it is what it is. Just don't get drawn into any more drama over it.

And, no, my kids did not do stuff like that and get away with it. They may try it once and that's it. She needs to put on her parenting panties and deal with it. Change their bedtime routine, push back his bedtime, whatever. She needs to deal with it. Not you.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-12-2015, 04:53 AM
snbauser's Avatar
snbauser snbauser is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,385
Default

If you are tagged, you can remove the tag. I would never get into it with a parent online. Take it to messenger or do it by email or do it in person.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-12-2015, 04:58 AM
Pepperth's Avatar
Pepperth Pepperth is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 665
Default

Wow, that seems wildly inappropriate on her part. You should be able to un-tag yourself in that post. Also, I'd block her and tell her to never include you in facebook drama again. I wouldn't engage in that if I were you. Just ignore the post and vent elsewhere (like here, lol.) I hate facebook for that reason, but I love it for its marketing ability.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-12-2015, 05:36 AM
Annalee's Avatar
Annalee Annalee is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozy_Kids_Childcare View Post
So I got tagged last night in my dcm rant about how she hates hates hates bedtime because when her son has a nap at daycare he refuses to go to bed at night. I got rather pissy about it because of the replies from her friends. So I replied that she needed to go regulate on him and it will stop. She responded with it only makes it worse. Then I was like well put in ear plugs and go on about your night. She responded with that only works till he gets mad an then he just comes downstairs an gets in my face. My kids would never ever do this to me. EVER! It took all I had to just let all my frustration out an tell her you created this problem and I'm not going to sacrifice my precious few alone time so that you can put your child to bed an hour after he gets home. them she started complaining about how being a single working parent is sooooo hard. Then about how her 2-year old was still awake in her crib. I guess next she will want me to not make her nap either so that she can put her to bed at 6pm.
Would it be rude for me to give her a copy of my 123 Magic book and insist she read it? I'm also going to tell her this morning that if he falls asleep I will not wake him up. It is law here that all children not in a school setting such as public preschool and up my have at least two hours of rest time. I do t ask or force this kid to nap he does it on his own.
So I'm thinking about taking down my business FB so that I don't get tagged into these crazy things.
I am NOT a fb user and frankly, despise fb. BUT I would term this mom immediately. First off, most 2 year olds are in a bed not a crib but even if they are not, the child not sleeping is NOT your fault. Children play their parents like a fiddle and I would NOT let her continue playing you. Your nap does not cause her issues. If you comply with this, issues will continue to come up. Take hold of the situation right now. Good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-12-2015, 05:44 AM
NightOwl's Avatar
NightOwl NightOwl is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,716
Default

She tagged you in a complaint about you??? Is she nuts?? You can untag yourself, FYI. This would be grounds for dismissal in my book. She's trying to publicly shame you and it hurts your business to be tagged in such nonsense. Don't take your page down, just untag yourself. You can also change the settings on Facebook so that people cannot tag your business page.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-12-2015, 05:59 AM
ashleyh's Avatar
ashleyh ashleyh is offline
New Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Northwest Iowa
Posts: 101
Default

How rude. She should have addressed the issue privately instead of getting in to a public power struggle. That's setting you up to lose. Not a fair fight IMO. Here it's required the children lay down for two hours so when I have parents who question naps or ask me to shorten them I come back to regulation. I don't feel like the bedtime routine is something worth struggling over. If you don't kick her to the curb I would invest some time in to the settings on Facebook to remove people from being able to tag you without your permission
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-12-2015, 06:17 AM
DaveA's Avatar
DaveA DaveA is online now
Daycare.com Member and Bladesmith
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,901
Default

Stuff like that is why I don't have a FB page for the daycare. She was seeking attention and probably has a similar gaggle of cackling hens who would agree with whatever whine she had, so you had no wining in there. Untag (and change settings so she can't do it without your approval) and tell her if she pulls that crap again she can find a new provider immediately.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-12-2015, 06:20 AM
hope's Avatar
hope hope is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,520
Default

I would be very upset over this. She publicly shamed you as a business owner. This is a conversation that she needed to have with you in person. She had an agenda by talking about you (tagging you) and it seems it worked. I would block her from you fb page and adjust your settings. I would have a serious conversation with this dcm not only about napping but also about respect.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-12-2015, 06:34 AM
Lorna's Avatar
Lorna Lorna is offline
New Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 172
Default

Wow I would immediately term her.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-12-2015, 06:38 AM
Play Care's Avatar
Play Care Play Care is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 6,609
Default

Term. That behavior is just unacceptable. If she felt it okay to publicly shame you on Facebook, who knows what else she is saying about you.

This woman is a danger to your business and reputation. This is someone who thinks throwing a public tantrum is an acceptable way to get what she wants.
This will NOT get better.

Do not engage with her. She's not asking for your opinion or advice.

She's not ever going to pick up what you're putting down.

She thinks you work for her and should do as she says, period.

The only thing that should be said is "DCM, I feel that you are very unhappy with the care I'm providing Timmy. Since this is a NAPPING day care, I think it best if you find care elsewhere. The last day I will provide care is (today, two weeks, whatever - in this case an immediate term for blatant disrespect wouldn't be out of order) Here is the number for the child care referral. I wish your family the best of luck." Use your best, most sincere/understanding tone here - not only does it make you look more professional but it will probably make her more angry when she thinks you're not flustered or upset that she has to leave

Good Luck!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-12-2015, 06:55 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 18,536
Default

I see fault in both parties. She should never have tagged you to complain. An adult goes to the source privately and discusses it not disses the person they blame openly.

..and of course her friends support and side with her, they are parents not providers so they see the parents side of this.

I don't think you as the provider should have responded with anything other than "Sally, I am sorry you feel the need top publically dis me when I've made it clear to you that I am bound by licensing rules when it comes to nap/rest time for kids under age 5."


In person I would have said: "I cannot control your parenting style any more than you can control my nap/rest regulations. The only option you have, other than changing up your bedtime routines is to accept and abide my nap/rest time rules or find alternate child care arrangements"

THAT ^^^ would have been the end of the conversation. I wouldn't suggest a book or any additional resources about napping as she is clearly not interested.

If DCM chose to bring it up again, I would terminate services immediately.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-12-2015, 07:01 AM
nannyde's Avatar
nannyde nannyde is offline
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 7,294
Default

I would have just put "I don't provide service to children who don't NEED a full afternoon nap. Sounds like Johnny needs a no-nap daycare!!!!!!"

What's the point of getting into it? The ONLY thing she has on you is money. Once you tell her you will be happy to loose the money then it truly doesn't have a thing to do with you.

SUPPORT her assumption that he doesn't need a nap. She's the mom and she says he doesn't need one. Okie dokie... you are right. It must be SO hard at bedtime when he naps. I feel SO sorry for you.

He just can't be HERE with a no nap. That's your only message.

The problem always comes down to money. Do you want her money or not? If you want her money then you will have these discussions as long as you aren't doing as she wishes. If you don't want the discussions then keep him up so she can put him to bed shortly after arriving at home. She's not the first parent to want to only have their kid when the kid is asleep. She didn't invent it.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-12-2015, 07:08 AM
Rockgirl's Avatar
Rockgirl Rockgirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,016
Default

She tags you, complaining about your business publicly, then expects to still do business with you? Nope, that would not fly here. I wouldn't argue with her online--doesn't look professional. I would term immediately, and remover her from my Facebook.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-12-2015, 07:28 AM
Thriftylady's Avatar
Thriftylady Thriftylady is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,887
Default

I think you really need to end this relationship. I get needing the money, I am down to no kids, and I need more, but... My family that just left gave a two week notice and then didn't want to pay when they should. I didn't cave and termed early. Does it hurt me financially, you have no clue! BUT I had nothing but issues with this family some of that has been my fault for letting things slide. I learned a huge lesson and am glad to be done with them. IF you let them go, you will probably feel so much better about things.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-12-2015, 07:32 AM
Sugar Magnolia's Avatar
Sugar Magnolia Sugar Magnolia is offline
Blossoms Blooming
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where the wind goes.....
Posts: 2,379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snbauser View Post
If you are tagged, you can remove the tag. I would never get into it with a parent online. Take it to messenger or do it by email or do it in person.
This!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-12-2015, 08:05 AM
Cozy_Kids_Childcare's Avatar
Cozy_Kids_Childcare Cozy_Kids_Childcare is offline
USAF_Wife
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 667
Default

Thank you ladies soooooooo much. She text me yesterday about his napping and when I asked what his bedtime was an she said 730 except when soccer then it is 8. I told her that was probably the contributing factor an not his naps here. I told her at pick up yesterday that I would not wake him if he falls asleep and that he is welcome to sleep as long as his body wants. If that is 2-hrs then that is what it is. I wasn't going to wake him. She didn't say anything else until I seen the tagged post last night. She is gone June 12th is gonna be their last day. I just asked for a sign that this is suppose to end and I got an email at some point in the night about care for a 9-month old. That was my sign. I might not get this client. She might not be a good fit, but I'm done being used by this other one. The termination is 30-days in my policy. She will probably pull early, but I'm done having clients that try an run my business so it's time to trim the fat and be a better me for it..... Learning curve!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-12-2015, 08:08 AM
mommyneedsadayoff's Avatar
mommyneedsadayoff mommyneedsadayoff is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,751
Default

What a B! If it was me, she would have had a letter emailed to her right after the FB post went up. "I see you are upset and using FB to speak ill of my daycare program. I have included a termination letter, effective immediately, and wish you luck in finding a daycare that better suits YOUR needs." And I emphasize 'your', because it is all about HER needs, not her child's, so hopefully she can find someone who caters to immature parents, but make it clear that it won't be you! Good Luck!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-12-2015, 08:52 AM
Cozy_Kids_Childcare's Avatar
Cozy_Kids_Childcare Cozy_Kids_Childcare is offline
USAF_Wife
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff View Post
What a B! If it was me, she would have had a letter emailed to her right after the FB post went up. "I see you are upset and using FB to speak ill of my daycare program. I have included a termination letter, effective immediately, and wish you luck in finding a daycare that better suits YOUR needs." And I emphasize 'your', because it is all about HER needs, not her child's, so hopefully she can find someone who caters to immature parents, but make it clear that it won't be you! Good Luck!
She created this mess a long long time ago but uses nap here as an excuse. Both her kids are entitled messes. Everything is to revolve around them. They have zero zero zero discipline. Dad cried when he put the youngest in timeout for hitting her mother because she was crying. So it broke his heart that he broke hers. Mondays are by far the worst day of my week.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-12-2015, 09:09 AM
NightOwl's Avatar
NightOwl NightOwl is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,716
Default

Good for you!!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-12-2015, 09:30 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessaRose View Post
She tagged you in a complaint about you??? Is she nuts?? You can untag yourself, FYI. This would be grounds for dismissal in my book. She's trying to publicly shame you and it hurts your business to be tagged in such nonsense. Don't take your page down, just untag yourself. You can also change the settings on Facebook so that people cannot tag your business page.
Untag, block, ignore. If I were to comment at all it would be that my program includes naps, period. Find a new daycare if I you want, your decision. Don't complain if YOU can fix it dcm!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-12-2015, 10:20 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 18,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozy_Kids_Childcare View Post
Thank you ladies soooooooo much. She text me yesterday about his napping and when I asked what his bedtime was an she said 730 except when soccer then it is 8. I told her that was probably the contributing factor an not his naps here. I told her at pick up yesterday that I would not wake him if he falls asleep and that he is welcome to sleep as long as his body wants. If that is 2-hrs then that is what it is. I wasn't going to wake him. She didn't say anything else until I seen the tagged post last night. She is gone June 12th is gonna be their last day. I just asked for a sign that this is suppose to end and I got an email at some point in the night about care for a 9-month old. That was my sign. I might not get this client. She might not be a good fit, but I'm done being used by this other one. The termination is 30-days in my policy. She will probably pull early, but I'm done having clients that try an run my business so it's time to trim the fat and be a better me for it..... Learning curve!
Good for you!! This is YOUR business and if parents can't follow the policies they agreed to upon enrollment than they are not a good fit for your program.

Bottom line is you as a self-employed business owner get to decide what services you will and won't offer/provide and parents get to decide if those service meet their needs. If they don't then they need to find care elsewhere verses trying to convince you that you need to change your policies to meet their needs.

NO amount of money is ever worth keeping clients that don't respect you, your family/home and business policies. Ever.

Once you allow that concept ^^ to be true for you, you rarely if ever struggle with clients. I am proof. I do not have issues with parents. They might have issues with my program but they either get on board with my program rules or they leave. THEIR choice.

I am glad you are done. I would love to hear an update as to how this DCM takes the news that she is termed.....
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-12-2015, 07:12 PM
Bookworm's Avatar
Bookworm Bookworm is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 860
Default

I've always said that Facebook is going to be the downfall for many people.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-12-2015, 09:21 PM
daycare's Avatar
daycare daycare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 16,021
Default

I can't speak for how you got the information but this is exactly what I was talking about in my post that I made yesterday of my frustrations and parents not putting the kids to bed at a decent time. It is always daycare's fault that their child is not able to go to bed at night. I just wish that parents really were educated on how much sleep their child needs. I don't think parents realize how much growing emotionally physically mentally and their immune system's are growing in the first five years of their little lives. This rapid growth and development requires sleep. What parents don't realize is that if their kid stays up until 10 and has to be at Daycare by eight that is not enough sleep their child will make up for the sleepwhen they get to daycare and will start the never ending vicious cycle of them coming to sleep at daycare and then refusing to go to bed at night.

I deal with this Frustration daily I am tired of hearing how Johnny refused to go to bed and stayed up and played for hours and my only question is where are you and what were you doing while Johnny was up playing for hours and why could you not make Johnny go to bed.

Parents are always going to do what's easiest for them and we are going to do the same I don't think this will ever be a battle we will figure out how to conquer. I wish I could have every parent read the book sleepless in America.

If you like to read grab the book it's amazing....

Ok my vent over
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-12-2015, 10:11 PM
TXhomedaycare's Avatar
TXhomedaycare TXhomedaycare is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Lonestar State
Posts: 293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Care View Post
Term. That behavior is just unacceptable. If she felt it okay to publicly shame you on Facebook, who knows what else she is saying about you.

This woman is a danger to your business and reputation. This is someone who thinks throwing a public tantrum is an acceptable way to get what she wants.
This will NOT get better.

Do not engage with her. She's not asking for your opinion or advice.

She's not ever going to pick up what you're putting down.

She thinks you work for her and should do as she says, period.

The only thing that should be said is "DCM, I feel that you are very unhappy with the care I'm providing Timmy. Since this is a NAPPING day care, I think it best if you find care elsewhere. The last day I will provide care is (today, two weeks, whatever - in this case an immediate term for blatant disrespect wouldn't be out of order) Here is the number for the child care referral. I wish your family the best of luck." Use your best, most sincere/understanding tone here - not only does it make you look more professional but it will probably make her more angry when she thinks you're not flustered or upset that she has to leave

Good Luck!
Amen!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-12-2015, 11:03 PM
alicia@home's Avatar
alicia@home alicia@home is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 24
Default

I think that this is how millennials communicate. She sounds almost exactly like my sister(who is also a single mother, yet never complains about it).

Sometimes not responding through fb and simply addressing it face to face and saying how you felt it was inappropriate- may help her to realize a more appropriate way to communicate with you. When you reply to her online you are continuing the inappropriate form of communication.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-13-2015, 05:06 AM
Cozy_Kids_Childcare's Avatar
Cozy_Kids_Childcare Cozy_Kids_Childcare is offline
USAF_Wife
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
Good for you!! This is YOUR business and if parents can't follow the policies they agreed to upon enrollment than they are not a good fit for your program.

Bottom line is you as a self-employed business owner get to decide what services you will and won't offer/provide and parents get to decide if those service meet their needs. If they don't then they need to find care elsewhere verses trying to convince you that you need to change your policies to meet their needs.

NO amount of money is ever worth keeping clients that don't respect you, your family/home and business policies. Ever.

Once you allow that concept ^^ to be true for you, you rarely if ever struggle with clients. I am proof. I do not have issues with parents. They might have issues with my program but they either get on board with my program rules or they leave. THEIR choice.

I am glad you are done. I would love to hear an update as to how this DCM takes the news that she is termed.....
She was confused because I honestly think she doesn't get it. When she text me because she won't call me or talk about issues in person I let her know that I have dealt with her break policy after policy. I have put up with her child hitting my daughter and other kids with toys. He even telling her it was on purpose and she didn't do anything other than well when we get home I'm taking blah away. Which certainly never happen. I told her that several times she was late with payment and even with constant reminders it was just total disregard to me. I told her the nap thing on Facebook was the last straw that I was willing to deal with. I tried to over look things because I know how hard it is to have kids, husband deployed and work but never once did I use it as in excuse. I also told her that I feel when in daycare relationship with a client we must have similar parenting outlooks and I feel we are just totally different making my program not a good fit for us to continue in this relationship.

It felt good to get it out. She didn't respond and they aren't here yet this morning. So we shall see.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-13-2015, 05:27 AM
daycarediva's Avatar
daycarediva daycarediva is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalee View Post
I am NOT a fb user and frankly, despise fb. BUT I would term this mom immediately. First off, most 2 year olds are in a bed not a crib but even if they are not, the child not sleeping is NOT your fault. Children play their parents like a fiddle and I would NOT let her continue playing you. Your nap does not cause her issues. If you comply with this, issues will continue to come up. Take hold of the situation right now. Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NessaRose View Post
She tagged you in a complaint about you??? Is she nuts?? You can untag yourself, FYI. This would be grounds for dismissal in my book. She's trying to publicly shame you and it hurts your business to be tagged in such nonsense. Don't take your page down, just untag yourself. You can also change the settings on Facebook so that people cannot tag your business page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Care View Post
Term. That behavior is just unacceptable. If she felt it okay to publicly shame you on Facebook, who knows what else she is saying about you.

This woman is a danger to your business and reputation. This is someone who thinks throwing a public tantrum is an acceptable way to get what she wants.
This will NOT get better.

Do not engage with her. She's not asking for your opinion or advice.

She's not ever going to pick up what you're putting down.

She thinks you work for her and should do as she says, period.

The only thing that should be said is "DCM, I feel that you are very unhappy with the care I'm providing Timmy. Since this is a NAPPING day care, I think it best if you find care elsewhere. The last day I will provide care is (today, two weeks, whatever - in this case an immediate term for blatant disrespect wouldn't be out of order) Here is the number for the child care referral. I wish your family the best of luck." Use your best, most sincere/understanding tone here - not only does it make you look more professional but it will probably make her more angry when she thinks you're not flustered or upset that she has to leave

Good Luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
I see fault in both parties. She should never have tagged you to complain. An adult goes to the source privately and discusses it not disses the person they blame openly.

..and of course her friends support and side with her, they are parents not providers so they see the parents side of this.

I don't think you as the provider should have responded with anything other than "Sally, I am sorry you feel the need top publically dis me when I've made it clear to you that I am bound by licensing rules when it comes to nap/rest time for kids under age 5."


In person I would have said: "I cannot control your parenting style any more than you can control my nap/rest regulations. The only option you have, other than changing up your bedtime routines is to accept and abide my nap/rest time rules or find alternate child care arrangements"

THAT ^^^ would have been the end of the conversation. I wouldn't suggest a book or any additional resources about napping as she is clearly not interested.

If DCM chose to bring it up again, I would terminate services immediately.
I would have untagged myself, and sent her an immediate termination notice. NO CLIENT will publicly bash me and return to my home.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-13-2015, 07:03 AM
Cozy_Kids_Childcare's Avatar
Cozy_Kids_Childcare Cozy_Kids_Childcare is offline
USAF_Wife
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycare View Post
I can't speak for how you got the information but this is exactly what I was talking about in my post that I made yesterday of my frustrations and parents not putting the kids to bed at a decent time. It is always daycare's fault that their child is not able to go to bed at night. I just wish that parents really were educated on how much sleep their child needs. I don't think parents realize how much growing emotionally physically mentally and their immune system's are growing in the first five years of their little lives. This rapid growth and development requires sleep. What parents don't realize is that if their kid stays up until 10 and has to be at Daycare by eight that is not enough sleep their child will make up for the sleepwhen they get to daycare and will start the never ending vicious cycle of them coming to sleep at daycare and then refusing to go to bed at night.

I deal with this Frustration daily I am tired of hearing how Johnny refused to go to bed and stayed up and played for hours and my only question is where are you and what were you doing while Johnny was up playing for hours and why could you not make Johnny go to bed.

Parents are always going to do what's easiest for them and we are going to do the same I don't think this will ever be a battle we will figure out how to conquer. I wish I could have every parent read the book sleepless in America.

If you like to read grab the book it's amazing....

Ok my vent over
Yeah I see that this is a never ever ending cycle. I have adopted a smile and wave sure thing an close the door. I go on about my day and let them figure out the rest. He was leaving at the end of summer anyway because he got accepted in the preschool program and I refused to let mom use my address so he could go to the school my daughter will go to (if she gets accepted) it has been 9 weeks since she tested and I haven't heard anything. It is based on testing scores and the lowest get in first and then they fill the spots up until they are full. I keep my nephew for my mom while she works and if a woman in her mid 50s can get up at 430 and work 6am to 3 and then play with a 2-year old, make dinner give him a bath and put him to bed at 730 without complaining I'm sure this mom can too. She just use to having her husband home to do everything for her. He even hired a cleaning service to come to their house 2 to 3 days a week because she cant keep up. Her friends watch her kids on the weekend so she can go grocery shopping so she is really use to not having to deal with them on her own. I hate it is like this because she really is a good person but she just lacks parenting skills and unfortunately her lack of those skills effects things here.

I love to read in fact I just finished From Babysitter to Business owner and now on to how to open an open an operate a financially successful child care service. Reading these two books have me realizing I've been doing it all wrong for the last four years.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 05-13-2015, 07:08 AM
Cozy_Kids_Childcare's Avatar
Cozy_Kids_Childcare Cozy_Kids_Childcare is offline
USAF_Wife
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
I would have untagged myself, and sent her an immediate termination notice. NO CLIENT will publicly bash me and return to my home.
I had no idea I could untag myself until now.... Which I did. I handed her termination notice yesterday. I wanted to immediately terminate, but my husband called me from work and was so stressed out that he was thinking about walking out. so with that in my head I gave 30-days. I have upped my hours by 30 minutes and even willing to take infants at this point which I didn't wanna deal with again but sometimes you just gotta to do it.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-21-2015, 02:45 PM
twest's Avatar
twest twest is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Franklin County OHIO
Posts: 6
Default

I am just starting out in the home child care. Did your facebook page generate a lot of business?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-21-2015, 06:45 PM
Sugar Magnolia's Avatar
Sugar Magnolia Sugar Magnolia is offline
Blossoms Blooming
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where the wind goes.....
Posts: 2,379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twest View Post
I am just starting out in the home child care. Did your facebook page generate a lot of business?
The short answer, for me, is no.

.....but....my clients love it. Out of state grandparents adore it. If I have a promising prospect
prospect, I may refer them to my page for a candid look at our program in action.

No one has ever called out of the blue and said "I found you on Facebook." Never.

I see it more as a parental communication devise, not an advertisement.

I've been stuck at 26 "likes"for forever. I need 30 to see my "insights". Looking for 4 volunteers
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-21-2015, 06:53 PM
Crystal's Avatar
Crystal Crystal is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,955
Default

I participated in a very interesting webinar yesterday regarding using social media to grow enrollment. It included a lot of info about using facebook. You can watch the recording here by registering and then viewing.....you get a certificate at the end as well:

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/reg...18041855802113
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-21-2015, 07:30 PM
jenboo's Avatar
jenboo jenboo is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Planet earth
Posts: 3,019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twest View Post
I am just starting out in the home child care. Did your facebook page generate a lot of business?
I constantly got messages and phonecalls from my fb page!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-21-2015, 09:06 PM
AmyKidsCo's Avatar
AmyKidsCo AmyKidsCo is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachingForQualityImprovement View Post
I participated in a very interesting webinar yesterday regarding using social media to grow enrollment. It included a lot of info about using facebook. You can watch the recording here by registering and then viewing.....you get a certificate at the end as well:

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/reg...18041855802113
I listened to that one too!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-22-2015, 03:33 AM
childcaremom's Avatar
childcaremom childcaremom is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia View Post
The short answer, for me, is no.

.....but....my clients love it. Out of state grandparents adore it. If I have a promising prospect
prospect, I may refer them to my page for a candid look at our program in action.

No one has ever called out of the blue and said "I found you on Facebook." Never.

I see it more as a parental communication devise, not an advertisement.
This is me, too.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-22-2015, 09:37 AM
Cozy_Kids_Childcare's Avatar
Cozy_Kids_Childcare Cozy_Kids_Childcare is offline
USAF_Wife
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twest View Post
I am just starting out in the home child care. Did your facebook page generate a lot of business?
No not in this area I'm in. I've gotten more leads from putting it on a trash/treasure or yard sale FB page.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-22-2015, 03:45 PM
Starburst's Avatar
Starburst Starburst is offline
Provider in Training
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperth View Post
Wow, that seems wildly inappropriate on her part. You should be able to un-tag yourself in that post. Also, I'd block her and tell her to never include you in facebook drama again. I wouldn't engage in that if I were you. Just ignore the post and vent elsewhere (like here, lol.) .
I would put in my handbook that if you (still decide to) accept a friend request from daycare parents that they not tag you in any Facebook posts without your permission (like an event for your daycare as publicity).
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-23-2015, 02:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by snbauser View Post
If you are tagged, you can remove the tag. I would never get into it with a parent online. Take it to messenger or do it by email or do it in person.
I wouldn't get into it with anyone online, in messenger, test , or email. All she has to do is screen shot the conversation and post it online so everyone can see. If you don't want anyone to read what was said its best to do it in person
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 05-26-2015, 06:23 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I think it's one thing to advertise your business, but to have pics on there of your home and daycare children is a big mistake. To add parents an even bigger one.

FB is not private, and I've found people on this website because of their FB and postings that live in my area.

Myself, I would probably take it down discreetly, and then later do a generic one without pics, parent friends, etc. with your contact info. only and just a business name. I wouldn't mention anything to the parent, handle it that way.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
facebook, nap issues, parents - accusing

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone Want To Like My FB Page? ihop Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 54 05-19-2014 09:33 AM
How Can I Create A Facebook Page? littleblossoms Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 2 02-24-2014 02:31 PM
Paying For FB To Promote/Boost Your Posts?? Crazy8 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 16 01-26-2014 09:39 PM
Tax Questions When Opening a 'New' Business? Stepping Daycare and Taxes 3 01-02-2014 11:36 AM
taxes with 2nd home business??? Tom Help!! Unregistered Daycare and Taxes 1 06-28-2012 11:09 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:29 AM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming