Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 01-06-2017, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

Default Inappropriate Media Exposure

Does anyone ever question the types of things their dcks get exposed to? Whether it's parents who think the kids aren't paying attention or older siblings or just not enough supervision?
Old 01-06-2017, 08:02 PM
Daycare.com Member

http://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84858

Old 01-06-2017, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

I was thinking more like mtv, twerking, adventure time, etc. I have a 4yo boy who is always dancing inappropriately and his friend (also 4, enjoys wearing axe body spray) was laying on top of him yesterday laughing and thrusting, it was... confusing.
Old 01-06-2017, 09:07 PM
Daycare.com Member

(o_O)

(o__O)

(o_______O)
Old 01-07-2017, 04:48 AM
Daycare.com Member

I question it a lot because my old-fashioned views seem so different than today's parents. But I don't say anything, only deal with the aftermath of it here. It's especially hard when you've got mixed ages, such as kids that are 6-8 that have all kinds of music on their ipods and come in singing the lyrics. Then the 4 yos go home singing them and get squashed by their parents. So yeh, I have to keep a close eye out for that kind of thing.
I have 4 SA dcks and 2 of them are very well informed of everything in their lives. Not sure if that's a good thing or not, their mom is a social worker and believes in telling all. Consequently, a lot of it trickles into dc.

Tags
media, media exposure, supervision - inadequate