Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Why French Kids Don't Have ADHD...
MN Mom 08:34 AM 05-18-2013
In light of a few recent threads on behavior problems, I thought I'd share an interesting article I read yesterday!

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...dont-have-adhd

Have a great weekend everybody!!!
mom2many 08:40 AM 05-18-2013
Originally Posted by MN Mom:
In light of a few recent threads on behavior problems, I thought I'd share an interesting article I read yesterday!

Thanks for posting! Interesting article indeed! Enjoy your weekend!
itlw8 08:48 AM 05-18-2013
interesting but I do not believe it... ds learned to self soothe at an early age. I really think the increased amount has to do with chemicals in our food and environment. the type of wheat we have compared with theirs ours is a higher gluten grain that makes fluffy bread.

And even look at the preschools there more hands on up and move. I doubt they ever do worksheets with preschoolers or kindergarteners.
Cradle2crayons 09:48 AM 05-18-2013
Originally Posted by itlw8:
interesting but I do not believe it... ds learned to self soothe at an early age. I really think the increased amount has to do with chemicals in our food and environment. the type of wheat we have compared with theirs ours is a higher gluten grain that makes fluffy bread.

And even look at the preschools there more hands on up and move. I doubt they ever do worksheets with preschoolers or kindergarteners.
Don't forget vaccines are different there too
preschoolteacher 09:51 AM 05-18-2013
I agree that the environment and parenting styles should be looked at first before a child is medicated, but it's important not to forget that even parents with excellent parenting skills sometimes have kids who have ADHD, and it can't always be "blame the parent." In the past, people used to blame mothers for being cruel and distant and said that it caused autism. That's such a painful thing to feel, and parents with kids with special needs already have some guilt on them (even though they shouldn't).
itlw8 02:21 PM 05-18-2013
since it is known ADHD is genetic how many French families in the US have children with ADHD it could be they do not carry the gene anyway
Leigh 05:27 PM 05-19-2013
Originally Posted by MN Mom:

Even the kids in the US are stressed out and overscheduled. I saw a study stating that many kids diagnosed with ADHD are actually just TIRED! Once kids previously diagnosed with ADHD started getting a good nights sleep, the diagnosis was effectively "cancelled". And I certainly can see it in my business. Kids getting to bed at 10:30 PM and up at 6AM....these kids are the ones who fight going down for their naps, then fight when you wake them up. Kids don't drag butt like we do when we are tired-they tend to get hyperactive (as any parent can attest to! )
Tags:add, adhd, behavior problems, child psychology, odd
Reply Up