Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>So embarrasing...
providerandmomof4 12:04 PM 08-04-2013
Last Friday, I took my 3 dck to the library. When I returned, my oldest daughter, who is recently graduated from cosmo school and now home all day until she can take her state board test.....driving me crazy....but that's an entirely different post Anyway... she tells me that she accidentally lets our 100 lb German Shepherd out of the yard because she forgot to shut the front gate! Soon after, my neighbor advises that my dog chased some teenage boys while barking from the street in front of our house, while I was gone. Soon after, the police pull up to advise of the complaint. Meanwhile my dcg (18mth) mother is attempting to drop off!! I was so embarrassed, I could have died! I explained to her that the dog was accidentally let out and scared some teenagers. Me: "He's so big that he scares people, he ha, they don't know that he would probably lick them to death. he he" Ugh...sooo unprofessional.
I don't think that I would feel comfortable leaving my child while the police were talking to my provider!
Heidi 12:31 PM 08-04-2013
ok...this is stupid, but if you're in WI, be sure to drop a note to your licenser informing her of police contact. The way the regs are written here, you must report ANY police contact.

If you're not in WI, disregard (or better yet, double check your own regs). Most of us don't have it happen often enough to know it's even a rule...

PS: I LOVE German Shepards, especially big ones. Beautiful animals.
daycarediva 12:55 PM 08-04-2013
My parents breed them, wonderful animals if properly trained but they ARE scary looking.

I hope your dcp was understanding. I would send an email to licensing anyway.
Reply Up