Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Can I Ditch The Workbench???
Crazy8 11:03 PM 07-31-2011
UGH! There just isn't enough space in my playroom!!! Painting is done, woodwork is done and now its time to move everything back in. But I can't come up with a layout that works. What I thought worked on paper is too tight in real life.

So, I have this big giant workbench (see makeover thread pics).... should I get rid of it??? Yes, the kids do play with it - sometimes. Can't say its the most used toy in the room but yeah, they play with it. If I take it out I will keep a bin of tools in the room somewhere. But the workbench and the kitchen are the only bigger toys I have so so afraid it will look "boring" without it (like there isn't much except bins and bins of toys and a kitchen).

WWYD?
melskids 03:16 AM 08-01-2011
i rotate mine...

even though i have a seperate room for DC, there just isnt enough room for it all to be out at the same time.

in dramatic play, i rotate between the kitchen, the dollhouse, the tool bench, and the puppet theatre. we have smaller things i rotate in too...like the store set up, doctor office, etc.

i think it actually helps keep the kids interested as well. by the time something comes around again...its almost new!
boysx5 04:11 AM 08-01-2011
I just started rotating toys and its great you don't have all that stuff in the way and they play with what you have out much more and its easy to clean up
Kaddidle Care 04:15 AM 08-01-2011
Would it fit outside? Maybe on a porch or deck? Otherwise, yeah, just rotate it. Just bring something smaller out in it's place.

We re-arrange from time to time. The kids like it - makes the room feel "new" again.
Pammie 06:28 AM 08-01-2011
I agree rotating would be a great idea!

Maybe keep the kitchen (and all the accessories for it) in for 2 weeks - then swap it out for the workbench and it's accessories for the next 2 weeks??
Crazy8 07:28 AM 08-01-2011
thanks, rotating is a good idea. I generally just do that with smaller toys, didn't think to do it with the big stuff.
Reply Up