Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Birthday Dilemma!
Meeko 06:37 AM 05-18-2012
Funny if it wasn't sad!!!

Some of you are familiar with my "mom of seven kids". To those who aren't.....quick summary...

Started at my day care with three kids. Father of oldest one in prison. Was
living with father of youngest two.

Got pregnant. Boyfriend is not the father. Much drama ensues. Boyfriend #1 leaves.

Father of unborn moves in with her...with his young daughter too (the bio mom is a drug addled space case and he is the better of the two parents!!)

DCM says she will never marry him because he's not a good father and is a drunk

Baby is born. She then has two MORE babies with Mr. Not Suitable/Drunk Dad"

(Side note: Boyfriend #1 gets new girlfriend pregnant and I have their son too!!!!) So I watch all eight of the related kids!

She asks me about everything. It's as if she thinks I'm her personal assistant.

Last night I was at a high school concert where my daughters were performing, so I turned my cell phone off. After the concert, there are two messages from DCM.

"Call me as soon as you get this!" "I need to talk to you! Call me!"

So while my daughters are mingling with friends, I excuse myself to a quieter corner and call her back.

She tells me that she needs to know her boyfriend's birthday!!!!!!!!!!! Did I have it on my records?????

I told her that it's not on my contracts. I don't care how old my clients are!! Only need the kids birth dates!'

She acts panicked and not sure what to do. She "thinks" his birthday is this month!! The woman has three kids with this man and doesn't know when his birthday is!!!

I tried not to laugh out loud and cheekily suggested that she go online and look up the county arrests page. There are LOTS of entries there due to his DUI's, drug arrests etc. and they list the date of birth.

She sounded so happy and thanked me!!!!!!!! Good grief!!!
sharlan 06:44 AM 05-18-2012
I guess birthdate's not important when it comes to having babies together. She could have checked his DL.
countrymom 06:57 AM 05-18-2012
that is so funny, its funny that you have 8 related children with you. I think your probably the best thing that has come into this moms life, good for you!
Creek 07:00 AM 05-18-2012
hahahaha O M G!!!!!!!!!

Classy
Meyou 07:09 AM 05-18-2012
The poor kids!!! But
wdmmom 07:21 AM 05-18-2012
Sounds like a true WINNER!!!

And to confirm my suspicions, lemme guess...you get paid via subsidy for them ALL too, right?!
Blackcat31 07:30 AM 05-18-2012
Um, ok.....

Now, I think I HAVE heard it all!
Meeko 07:50 AM 05-18-2012
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
sounds like a true winner!!!

And to confirm my suspicions, lemme guess...you get paid via subsidy for them all too, right?!
b i n g o !!!
momofboys 09:15 AM 05-18-2012
LOL!!!! Along thiose same lines when I went into the hospital to have baby #3 my ob/gyn came in after delivery to fill out the birth certificate to make sure our names were correct. We have known him for years & he told us a funny story about how one time when he did this the new mom had to ASK the dad what his last name was. WTH?! I know people don't think twice about jumping into bed with whoever but once you are having a baby with someone don't you think you should at least know the person's last name?!
Meeko 10:02 AM 05-18-2012
Originally Posted by momofboys:
LOL!!!! Along thiose same lines when I went into the hospital to have baby #3 my ob/gyn came in after delivery to fill out the birth certificate to make sure our names were correct. We have known him for years & he told us a funny story about how one time when he did this the new mom had to ASK the dad what his last name was. WTH?! I know people don't think twice about jumping into bed with whoever but once you are having a baby with someone don't you think you should at least know the person's last name?!
WOW!!! It's funny and yet very sad isn't it? It's getting more and more common.

I have great fun trying to explain to my other day kids about this family.

The child of Boyfriend #1 is brother to half the big group of kids and not the other half. That confuses my other day care kids to no end!!!! Can't really explain bed hopping to 4 year olds!!!
MizzCheryl 10:28 AM 05-18-2012
Ha ha That is too funny.!!!!!!!!!
Meeko you are a hoot. I love reading your posts!
CheekyChick 10:46 AM 05-18-2012
That is absolutely one of the funniest things I've read on here. It's actually really pathetic in a funny sort of way. LOL!!!
Hunni Bee 05:07 PM 05-18-2012
We have a family of five (soon to be six).

And two four year olds in the same class who share a sister but are not related.

That's nothing compared to this
mac60 06:10 PM 05-18-2012
It is a funny story....but very sad also. This mom needs super glued and fast.
KEG123 12:59 PM 05-19-2012
I can't even figure out the logistics. It makes my brain hurt.
Meeko 06:39 PM 05-19-2012
Originally Posted by KEG123:
I can't even figure out the logistics. It makes my brain hurt.
Oh it's been fun! The food program called once and questioned why one of the "Smith" kids always came and went at different times that the other "Smith" kids! I had to try and explain that yes...they were brothers......but different moms...and lived with different parents. Their family tree would be an artist's nightmare!!!
Blackcat31 07:53 AM 05-20-2012
I had a family a few years ago where the mom had 4 children. ALL with different fathers but ALL the fathers were related. 2 were brothers, one was a cousin and the other was a half brother to the cousin. .....follow all that?

Poor kids....

Yes, they are all siblings but they are also cousins and who knows what else....I can't keep track of this kind of stuff.

The weirdest family situation I have ever encountered was a family I met while working at Head Start. The mom (Jane-fake name) had a child with her step father. The step father had also had a child with the mom's (Jane's) mother.

So the children were the same age and attending the same Head Start classroom. Not only were they half siblings but they were also Uncle and nephew to each other.....

Another weird situation I have had in the past is a mom who would not allow her daughter to see her father because he was in prison and she didn't want her dd to be exposed to that "type of situation" (her words). Within 4 months of enrolling in child care, she married a guy who had just got out of prison after 12 years.

I know none of this relates to the OP's situation and I apologize for hi-jacking but it just goes to show you that it definitely takes ALL kinds to make the world go round....
Meeko 10:55 AM 05-20-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I had a family a few years ago where the mom had 4 children. ALL with different fathers but ALL the fathers were related. 2 were brothers, one was a cousin and the other was a half brother to the cousin. .....follow all that?

Poor kids....

Yes, they are all siblings but they are also cousins and who knows what else....I can't keep track of this kind of stuff.

The weirdest family situation I have ever encountered was a family I met while working at Head Start. The mom (Jane-fake name) had a child with her step father. The step father had also had a child with the mom's (Jane's) mother.

So the children were the same age and attending the same Head Start classroom. Not only were they half siblings but they were also Uncle and nephew to each other.....

Another weird situation I have had in the past is a mom who would not allow her daughter to see her father because he was in prison and she didn't want her dd to be exposed to that "type of situation" (her words). Within 4 months of enrolling in child care, she married a guy who had just got out of prison after 12 years.

I know none of this relates to the OP's situation and I apologize for hi-jacking but it just goes to show you that it definitely takes ALL kinds to make the world go round....
LOL!! "Family" takes on a whole other meaning doesn't it?!!!!!!!
karen 11:35 AM 05-21-2012
Yikes!!!!!
Tags:birthday
Reply Up