Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Skin so Soft
DaveA 12:34 PM 05-23-2018
Does anyone use Avon Skin so Soft as a bug spray with DCKs? Our family uses it and it is better than the DEET stuff for buffalo gnats, which are crazy this year. My contract states I provide bug spray and sunscreen. If parents want a specific brand they have to provide it.
Mike 01:21 PM 05-23-2018
My brother uses that. Last year we were doing a few outdoor painting jobs. I was using Deet and he was using Avon Skin so Soft. I had to apply the deet a couple times before the day was over. He was fine all day. Why didn't I use that stuff? I don't know. Probably just my stubbornness.
sharlan 01:40 PM 05-23-2018
I swear by SSS. I use it every night during the summer.

I don't use it on the kids because we don't have mosquitoes during the day
Josiegirl 02:41 PM 05-23-2018
I've never used it for bug spray but have heard of it's effectiveness. It probably smells a lot better than the gross stuff parents bring in. I just don't like bug spray altogether.

Hmmm, maybe I'll have to check into that.
Miss A 03:31 PM 05-23-2018
I haven't tried SSS for the bugs, but maybe I should. We use the Buggins Natural spray, because it repels the gnats you speak of.

I read once that the SSS sunscreen was not effective, so I guess I just lumped the bug spray in with that assumption.
Mad_Pistachio 07:01 PM 05-23-2018
is that the Expedition type, in green bottle?
I see also Picaridin on the website, but that one doesn't claim to have SPF.
I was just looking for something for Summer camp for DD. they don't allow aerosoles.
Tags:avon, avon - skin so soft, bug spray
Reply Up