Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 09-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator

Default Attn: California Providers. Others Too

I just got this in my email. Thought I would share
It here

http://ccld.ca.gov/PG411.htm
Old 09-21-2011, 03:10 PM
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycare View Post
It here

And a special shout out THANKS to the Iowa Department of Human Services who took it upon themselves to publish our names, addresses, and phone numbers in an EASILY searchable online database WITH the added bonus of a built in locator map.

Old 09-21-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannyde View Post
And a special shout out THANKS to the Iowa Department of Human Services who took it upon themselves to publish our names, addresses, and phone numbers in an EASILY searchable online database WITH the added bonus of a built in locator map.

What are you kidding me. I made them remove me from our list after some weird guy called me and then asked me what I looked like and more personal questions. I asked him how he got my info and he said through R and R.

Nan can you asked to be removed?
Old 09-21-2011, 03:25 PM
Family Childcare Home

Yep, they're scammers. Not only do they do it to family daycares but they're calling all sorts of small businesses. They try to get your bank info and ask whether you're home alone. Scary.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:39 PM
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer

Quote:
What are you kidding me. I made them remove me from our list after some weird guy called me and then asked me what I looked like and more personal questions. I asked him how he got my info and he said through R and R.

Nan can you asked to be removed?
Nope we can't be removed. The Union took them on for it and they said it is public info.

Nothing like an easily searchable list of women home alone with a bunch of little kids.

I made it 15 years of having my ads out and my name in the phone book without putting anything connectable to number, address, and the child care. Once they did this there was no point in trying to keep separate. Now I publish everything because there's no point in trying to hide it. It would take someone five seconds to find my name, address, phone number, and map now. With google maps you can even have a nice tour of my street too.

As dumb as it was... it is kind of freeing in a way. The current crop of parents are used to everything being easily found and searchable. I think that's what allowed me to be able to publish pictures and stuff. It saves me the phone calls from people too far away to want to use my service too. That's a good thing.

The telemarketers though... NOT good. You can't be on the "do not call list" with a business phone number.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
It here

Thank you for the information.

By the way how did you get on the list to receive that E-mail?
Old 09-21-2011, 07:55 PM

Brr! Scary! Good to know...I'm sure that someone like that could conceivably get the numbers for even unlicensed people off CL or something. I knew there was a good reason for not often answering unfamiliar 8xx numbers that don't come up with some reasonable company name.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyschoolcare View Post
Thank you for the information.

By the way how did you get on the list to receive that E-mail?
My county Heath nurse/ coodinator. Do you have one for your county? Get her number. Mine sends me stuff daily. from anything in the news, childcare and government and classes held by my county. I can also reference her on any health questions I have.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:58 PM
Daycare.com Member

Ug, yuck. That gives me the heeby-geeby's. I've heard bits and pieces about scamming going on but this is a little more yucky than that. I will definitely be on the alert.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:20 AM

Quote:

The telemarketers though... NOT good. You can't be on the "do not call list" with a business phone number.
well this explains why after signing up for the do not call list the call never stopped bummer.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:25 AM

Quote:

I have the same thing here....

Along with all my inspectons, opening hours and how many kids I have enrolled.

THAT is also why I now own guns and have taken many hours of training with them.

It is like a craigs list ad for sexual predators.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
My county Heath nurse/ coodinator. Do you have one for your county? Get her number. Mine sends me stuff daily. from anything in the news, childcare and government and classes held by my county. I can also reference her on any health questions I have.
Thank you I will check into that
Old 09-22-2011, 09:16 AM
Licensed Daycare Provider

If providers call their local R & R they can get on an email list.

I got an email from my R & R about this yesterday too.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:44 AM
Daycare.com Member

Thanks for posting this! I hadn't seen it yet & I'm in California. Thats creepy.

Tags
california, california - regulations, personal information, provider-privacy rights