Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Gave Myself An Attitude Adjustment
sharlan 02:00 PM 09-20-2011
I have a SA boy that is driving me absolutely up a wall. I've been ready to throw in the towel and quit several times.

The more I find out about his history, the more I understand the way he is. People have not taken the time to really teach him. Too many, way too many, caregivers in his daily life.

I've changed my attitude to one of teaching him how to behave, how to do things. I'm working on having him sit down and do things.
Michelle 02:05 PM 09-20-2011
Aw, that is so cool!
He is lucky he has you.
The parents are lucky too.
sharlan 02:30 PM 09-20-2011
Yeah!!!!!!! He just learned to ride a 2-wheeler that I bought for him to use today.

I'm realizing that he can't do anything, like play with Legos, because nobody has taken the time to teach him anything.
SilverSabre25 02:32 PM 09-20-2011
oh, wow! What a great thing for him, for you, and for his family! Way to go, sharlan! He'll thank you for the rest of his life, even if he doesn't know it.
sharlan 07:01 PM 09-20-2011
He was so thrilled to show g'ma what he learned today.

G'ma had tears in her eyes as she watched him ride the bike this afternoon. She thanked me for being so good to the boy.
laundrymom 07:03 PM 09-20-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:
He was so thrilled to show g'ma what he learned today.

G'ma had tears in her eyes as she watched him ride the bike this afternoon. She thanked me for being so good to the boy.
I'm in thesame boat as gma I'm tearing up too hugs to you!!!!
countrymom 07:13 PM 09-20-2011
that sounds so wonderful.
Oneluckymom 10:14 PM 09-20-2011
That's fabulous!! He's so lucky to have someone who genuinely cares about him. Bravo!!
Michael 11:15 PM 09-20-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I have a SA boy that is driving me absolutely up a wall. I've been ready to throw in the towel and quit several times.

The more I find out about his history, the more I understand the way he is. People have not taken the time to really teach him. Too many, way too many, caregivers in his daily life.

I've changed my attitude to one of teaching him how to behave, how to do things. I'm working on having him sit down and do things.
You sounds like my son's first teacher. He was a handful and she always tried to help him. We/he never forgot her.
cheerfuldom 02:25 PM 09-21-2011
bless you! it really is sad how neglected some kids are (whether intentionally or not). I am glad you are making progress with him!
Tags:care, handful, patience
Reply Up