Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Child Still Coming Today Urg
MommyofThree 03:21 AM 01-02-2012
Ok so I text all my parents to inform them that my daughter has pnemonia and all said ok thanks we will keep.... home tomar. This young 20 year old mom of a almost 2 yeasr old said well she she be ok as long as theres no kissess and crap/ WTH what does the and CRAP part even mean. I will not confine my child to one room all day. I warrned her but she will miss more work if her daughter gets it. Sorry about the vent I just dont get these young mothers.
Meyou 04:39 AM 01-02-2012
I'm sorry, hon, but if you feel other children shouldn't be around your dd and you don't want to confine her then you need to close. Not be mad at a mom who it sounds like had the choice left up to her. Or blame it on her being a young mother. Just call your families and take a day off. You won't have to deal with parents making choices you don't like.

I hope your dd feels better soon.
MommyofThree 04:47 AM 01-02-2012
Originally Posted by Meyou:
I'm sorry, hon, but if you feel other children shouldn't be around your dd and you don't want to confine her then you need to close. Not be mad at a mom who it sounds like had the choice left up to her. Or blame it on her being a young mother. Just call your families and take a day off. You won't have to deal with parents making choices you don't like.

I hope your dd feels better soon.
Very true. But I did at first and she then said I dont know what else to do and I gave her the choice:{ I shouldnt of but I did. I just dont want her dd to get sick because she is so tiny but I feel terrible because she is a single mom with no helop and really all she has is me. So your right I shouldnt be mad
Meyou 06:55 AM 01-02-2012
Originally Posted by melissathayer28:
Very true. But I did at first and she then said I dont know what else to do and I gave her the choice:{ I shouldnt of but I did. I just dont want her dd to get sick because she is so tiny but I feel terrible because she is a single mom with no helop and really all she has is me. So your right I shouldnt be mad
There are always those that play the "I don't know what to do." card or other sympathy, "poor, poor me" cards but you don't need to listen to them if you don't want to. It's her life, her child and her choice to be a young single mother so you're absolved of all responsibility IMO if you have a legitimate reason to close.

I had a family spend TWO weeks complaining daily about the hardship my vacation was bringing on them. I just ignored it because it's not my problem they chose retail careers and don't like to spend time with their own children. It has nothing to do with me or my vacation that I planned 7 months in advance. Turns out.....which dad let slip totally by accident....that he was off the entire time but wanted to bring the kids anyway.
Blackcat31 07:00 AM 01-02-2012
I had a family spend TWO weeks complaining daily about the hardship my vacation was bringing on them. I just ignored it because it's not my problem they chose retail careers and don't like to spend time with their own children. It has nothing to do with me or my vacation that I planned 7 months in advance. Turns out.....which dad let slip totally by accident....that he was off the entire time but wanted to bring the kids anyway.
VERY good advice Meyou! Other people's problems are only your problem if you allow them to be.
Breezy 07:09 AM 01-02-2012
Don't paint all young mommies with the same brush! I am 21 (will be 22 on Thursday) and I have a 10 month old. I would never think of bringing him to a dcp that said their child is sick. Even if I didnt think he would get sick- what mom doesn't want to be able to spoil their sick child with cuddles? I would give them the chance to do that without my child there.

MommyofThree 08:24 AM 01-02-2012
Originally Posted by Breezy:
Don't paint all young mommies with the same brush! I am 21 (will be 22 on Thursday) and I have a 10 month old. I would never think of bringing him to a dcp that said their child is sick. Even if I didnt think he would get sick- what mom doesn't want to be able to spoil their sick child with cuddles? I would give them the chance to do that without my child there.

Not all young moms are foolish just the ones that pull the pitty card. I am sure your a great mommy. My husband was 18 and I was 21 when we became parents:}
awestbrook713 01:27 PM 01-02-2012
I make sure all my families know they need to have other options lined up should an emergency arrive, not that families follow the rules but I would make sure she knows for next time she needs to have another option.
frgsonmysox 03:54 PM 01-03-2012
being a foolish parent knows no age limit. I've met very foolish parents in their 30's and amazing parents in the early 20's. My friend had her son when she was 17 and is a better parent than most that I know.
DaisyMamma 12:35 PM 01-04-2012

ok, did THAT bother you? I would have been peeved! They wanted you to cancel your vacation so dad could sit home on his butt???! LOL What's wrong with people
Meyou 12:38 PM 01-04-2012
Originally Posted by lymemomma:
ok, did THAT bother you? I would have been peeved! They wanted you to cancel your vacation so dad could sit home on his butt???! LOL What's wrong with people
Nah, they complain about everything and do stuff like park a block up the street 40 minutes before I open because it's easier to deal with the kids in the car instead of home. I just told them how much I'm looking forward to my vacation every time they complained. I also mentioned their trip south they have booked this spring a couple of times.
nm08briggy 12:17 PM 01-05-2012
Originally Posted by frgsonmysox:
being a foolish parent knows no age limit. I've met very foolish parents in their 30's and amazing parents in the early 20's. My friend had her son when she was 17 and is a better parent than most that I know.
I am 32, but I was a young mom. 22 when I had my 1st. And I was a very good, very cautious Mom, I was always told so by friends and even my inlaws as well as my own parents. I have always looked very young for my age and believe me I have heard comments made toward me being a young mom and it hurt. It was my choice to be a young mom, but you have to consider that age doesn't matter when it comes to (quote)"foolish parenting". I too have came across many idiotic parents of all ages. Some of the older parents, that waited into their 30's to have children, and had this attitude toward young parents (like they are scum of the earth, or lower class). Well maybe I couldn't afford the fancy name brand clothes that they obviously felt were so important and could afford because they chose to get careers before they had children, nothing wrong with that...to each there own. Just don't look down on someone that choose to start a family while she was still young and full of energy! There is absolutly nothing wrong with starting your family in your 20's, especially for the woman that choose to be stay at home moms
And you definitely shouldn't assume that she doesn't care about her baby getting sick, she did ask that they don't be kissing and "crap" (which I assume means sharing slobbery toys and hands in mouths and such) She probably had to work and who knows maybe even if she could take a day off, maybe she cannot afford it (anyway, each person has a unique situation and to judge someone from the little bit that you can see and assume the most of your conclusions, is to me, very immature and closeminded. Im glad you appologized.
MommyofThree 05:58 PM 01-05-2012
Originally Posted by nm08briggy:
I am 32, but I was a young mom. 22 when I had my 1st. And I was a very good, very cautious Mom, I was always told so by friends and even my inlaws as well as my own parents. I have always looked very young for my age and believe me I have heard comments made toward me being a young mom and it hurt. It was my choice to be a young mom, but you have to consider that age doesn't matter when it comes to (quote)"foolish parenting". I too have came across many idiotic parents of all ages. Some of the older parents, that waited into their 30's to have children, and had this attitude toward young parents (like they are scum of the earth, or lower class). Well maybe I couldn't afford the fancy name brand clothes that they obviously felt were so important and could afford because they chose to get careers before they had children, nothing wrong with that...to each there own. Just don't look down on someone that choose to start a family while she was still young and full of energy! There is absolutly nothing wrong with starting your family in your 20's, especially for the woman that choose to be stay at home moms
And you definitely shouldn't assume that she doesn't care about her baby getting sick, she did ask that they don't be kissing and "crap" (which I assume means sharing slobbery toys and hands in mouths and such) She probably had to work and who knows maybe even if she could take a day off, maybe she cannot afford it (anyway, each person has a unique situation and to judge someone from the little bit that you can see and assume the most of your conclusions, is to me, very immature and closeminded. Im glad you appologized.
LOL ACTUALLY Being 16 and preg im totally against. I dont care. You shouldnt have children at 16 p[lain and simple!!!!!!!!!!! 2nd If she needs money, so another words her needing money is more important then her child getting pnemoina. Thats deadly! Oh and lets say no not anymore. Yes it still could be and slobbering on toys is only one way of getting it, The air around each other will give it to you. sorry but and CRAP is no way to speak to somebody!!!!!!!!!!!! Now the baby is in er with this CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so yes im irritated because she said you should of warned me that she could get it from being in the same room. lol please lady I did and you NEEDED THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MommyofThree 06:02 PM 01-05-2012
Originally Posted by nm08briggy:
oH ALSO MY HUSBAND WAS 18 i WAS 21 SO NO NEVER SAID IM BETTER. wE WERE YOUNG BUT MY CHILDREN COME BEFORE money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wE HAVE MONEY BECAUSE WE EARNED IT BUT DAME IF i BRING MY CHILD AROUND SICK KIDS IF i CAN PREVENT IT. aLSO YES i dont believe in babys out of wed lock so srry if my up bringing was this way. ur closed minded first off. You seem to know the whole situation. I said srry to the other member because she was right but to justifiy bringing your child around a sick person over money is shameful on your part.
Tags:pnemonia, sick policy, sick provider children
Reply Up