Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!

New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! Introduce yourself. Find out how to use your account and forum features. Who are you? Why do you do/use daycare? What brought you here? What kind of daycare are you associated with?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2016, 01:50 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default I Wish I Had Known Before I Started...

I wish I had known before I started how many parents would lie, change pickup times, and have payment problems. I wish I had known how difficult it was to work with social services, and how much I dreaded whether today would be the surprise visit that I am totally unprepared for. I wish I had known how hard it was to get reimbursed for parents on assistance. I wish I had known how much it would cost out of pocket to become licensed. I wish I had known that 9 months in, I would still be working a second job in order to survive. I wish I had known that I would always be broke. I wish I had known how hard it would be to work with the food program. I wish I had just stayed an unlicensed provider with my original 4 kids. I had a lot of ideas and goals when I started, and that has all gone in the garbage as I just try to survive one more day.

Tags
burn out, burnout, enforcing policies - consistency, life choices, parents - don't cooperate, parents - lying, training