Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Most Important Information To Put In A Newspaper Ad
momofboys 03:46 AM 11-18-2010
I am planning on placing an ad in our local newspaper that I have openings for childcare. What do you think are the most important words/phrases that could possibly draw in clients? Most of the ads I see in my area contain the same boring information that I would expect every provider would include, such as lunch, breakfast & snack included, non-smoking, etc etc. I am trying to think of what sets me apart but of course I can not write a 2 paragraph ad! I do a preschool program 2 days a week, go on occasional field trips (Park/library-all very close to my home), want to provide meals on occasion (to take home for dinner) for parents as a perk. I hAve low numbers currently but not sure I want to play that up in my ad as I'd like to add 2 clients. We have a structured learning time & in general watch little tv. Can someone critique my ad or what I plan to say:

London childcare provider has PT/FT childcare openings, N/S, preschool curriculum, sibling discounts, field trips, structured activities with little tv viewing, call_____________

Should I ad more? Take something out? Re-word anything? Thank you for any advice!
WImom 05:45 AM 11-18-2010
Maybe put an example of your preschool program (weekly themes, etc.) I know for me just have a link to website has really helped. Parents love seeing everything before coming in. Also make sure you put the ages and hours so people aren't wasting your time.
momofboys 06:23 AM 11-18-2010
Originally Posted by WImom:
Maybe put an example of your preschool program (weekly themes, etc.) I know for me just have a link to website has really helped. Parents love seeing everything before coming in. Also make sure you put the ages and hours so people aren't wasting your time.
thanks, that is a good idea!
Abigail 08:49 PM 11-28-2010
Did you place your ad in the paper yet? I'm wondering how it worked out for you. Thanks
momofboys 04:24 AM 11-29-2010
Yes, I did place my ad in two papers (one in our local paper that you have to pay for & one ad in the free paper that everyone receives). So far no calls BUT the one ad has not run yet so we shall see. Keeping my fingers crossed. The last few calls I have gotten were for 2nd shift & I so wanted to say yes but knew it would not be good for family time or our evenings.
Tags:advertising
Reply Up