Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Heidi's Avatar
Heidi Heidi is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 6,858
Default CL Ad...14 Yo With 20 Years Experience

well, not quite...but I have to say, she's gutsy with her "techniques"

Ad #1
Call the best sitter in the country. Prices negotiable. The latest techniques in child care. Excellent references. i am 14 years old and have been babysitting for 2 years, and have also worked in a daycare for 4 years. I am experienced with children of all ages. Be sure to tell me what your child likes to do so i can come prepared with lots of fun and educational games. Email for information. First two hours are FREE!!!


Ad #2
Free Babysitter! I have a lot of experience in baby-sitting and have worked in a day care. This is not a scam. I just love children! I can babysit children up to 8. The first two hours are free for the first day. If you only need two hours that is fine. I just want you to consider having me babysit for your children. After the first two hours the price is negotiable. I am 14 so I will not be able to do it during school hours. I will be able to sit anytime starting June 7th. Please don't write me off because of my age.I am very responsible and mature.

and #3...lol
Hi! I am 14 years old and go to Central highschool. I am certified in first aid and I have taken babysitting classes. I have worked in a adaycare facility for two years and I have been babysitting for three. I can babysit children up to eight years old at your house or mine. I will clean your house or the part that you want cleaned for a small extra charge. You can either email me or call me at ***-***-***x. Thanks so much for reading this!!


Those were all in one day!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-09-2012, 02:37 PM
DCP's Avatar
DCP DCP is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 71
Default

OH MY!!! I hope parents looking actually see all three since they are inconsistent!!

And at 14 worked for a daycare facility for 4 years...wait 2 years?? Ummmm wow!! LOL
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-09-2012, 02:42 PM
sharlan's Avatar
sharlan sharlan is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chino, California
Posts: 6,040
Default

Mom probably runs a daycare.

I started babysitting at 10. I had 4 kids under the age of 6 from 3 PM until 9, 3 days a week. I was responsible for making their dinner and feeding them, baths and bedtime.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-09-2012, 02:45 PM
DCP's Avatar
DCP DCP is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlan View Post
Mom probably runs a daycare.

I started babysitting at 10. I had 4 kids under the age of 6 from 3 PM until 9, 3 days a week. I was responsible for making their dinner and feeding them, baths and bedtime.
Sharlan oh my goodness!!! My niece is 10 and I could not imagine leaving those responsibilities in her hands!!

In MA...any assistant (paid or not) MUST be 18!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-09-2012, 03:07 PM
sharlan's Avatar
sharlan sharlan is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chino, California
Posts: 6,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCP View Post
Sharlan oh my goodness!!! My niece is 10 and I could not imagine leaving those responsibilities in her hands!!

In MA...any assistant (paid or not) MUST be 18!!!
That was about 48 years ago. Things were a lot different then.

My granddaughter is 16 and we barely leave her home alone.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-09-2012, 03:46 PM
littlemissmuffet's Avatar
littlemissmuffet littlemissmuffet is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlan View Post
That was about 48 years ago. Things were a lot different then.

My granddaughter is 16 and we barely leave her home alone.
Things were diffrent even just 20 years ago when I started babysitting.

Nowadays, I wouldn't trust a teenager to watch my kids in a million years!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Kiki's Avatar
Kiki Kiki is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet View Post
Things were diffrent even just 20 years ago when I started babysitting.

Nowadays, I wouldn't trust a teenager to watch my kids in a million years!
I used to watch my mom's co-workers kids all of the time when they'd go out for girls nights, and I was barely 14. But I'd NEVER let someone that young watch my kids now. I'd be too scared of what they'd be doing while I wasn't home.

Aside from her ads not matching up with each other, at least she's trying to earn some cash for the summer! (Or..something...)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19,605
Default

Aren't there like child labor laws about working when you are only 14?

Here, helpers can be 13 but not workers or employees until age 18. I dont thin McD's will even hire someone until they are at least 15 years old.

FWIW~ I babysat newborn twins on a regular basis at 9 years old too but yes, like PP's said time have changed.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-09-2012, 04:09 PM
daycare's Avatar
daycare daycare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 16,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
Aren't there like child labor laws about working when you are only 14?

Here, helpers can be 13 but not workers or employees until age 18. I dont thin McD's will even hire someone until they are at least 15 years old.

FWIW~ I babysat newborn twins on a regular basis at 9 years old too but yes, like PP's said time have changed.
I think it depends on the state...here in ca we can hire an asst at age 14...However, they can never be left alone with the kids....
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19,605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycare View Post
I think it depends on the state...here in ca we can hire an asst at age 14...However, they can never be left alone with the kids....
That's what I mean. We can have them here at 13 but they arent called assistants...only helpers. Assistants in our state are adults who CAN be left alone with kids.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-09-2012, 04:16 PM
daycare's Avatar
daycare daycare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 16,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
That's what I mean. We can have them here at 13 but they arent called assistants...only helpers. Assistants in our state are adults who CAN be left alone with kids.
lol don't ask me to define the correct term.....I will more than likely get it wrong.....hahah
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-09-2012, 04:23 PM
MarinaVanessa's Avatar
MarinaVanessa MarinaVanessa is offline
Family Childcare Home
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 7,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
FWIW~ I babysat newborn twins on a regular basis at 9 years old too but yes, like PP's said time have changed.
I started babysitting my infant sister at age 10 the same summer she was born. Like you I agree, things have changed. I wouldn't trust my 10yo nephew alone with my kids even if I were only running out to get the mail let alone for a few hours.
__________________
Daycare Ninja, CA
Helping Hands Childcare
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Lilbutterflie's Avatar
Lilbutterflie Lilbutterflie is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: TX
Posts: 1,366
Default

Yes, her ads are bit inconsistent! However, I must give her credit for trying so hard to earn some money for herself at just 14! Honestly, I am amazed sometimes at how some teens get everything they ever want handed to them with no responsibilities at all. I give her props for making the ads, getting CPR certified & taking babysitting classes (hopefully she really did them!); and trying hard to earn her own money.

I've hired my 13 yr old niece to babysit during our date nights. She is super responsible, has siblings of her own that she helps take care of, and she too has been CPR certified and taken a babysitting class. I just wish my niece would SAVE her hard earned money instead of going to the mall right away to spend it!!! LOL
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-10-2012, 12:03 PM
EntropyControlSpecialist's Avatar
EntropyControlSpecialist EntropyControlSpecialist is offline
Embracing the chaos.
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: A toasty environment!
Posts: 7,430
Default

I was raising a child at 14. I don't doubt that she's mature, but the inconsistencies in her ads are peculiar.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Heidi's Avatar
Heidi Heidi is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 6,858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbutterflie View Post
Yes, her ads are bit inconsistent! However, I must give her credit for trying so hard to earn some money for herself at just 14! Honestly, I am amazed sometimes at how some teens get everything they ever want handed to them with no responsibilities at all. I give her props for making the ads, getting CPR certified & taking babysitting classes (hopefully she really did them!); and trying hard to earn her own money.

I've hired my 13 yr old niece to babysit during our date nights. She is super responsible, has siblings of her own that she helps take care of, and she too has been CPR certified and taken a babysitting class. I just wish my niece would SAVE her hard earned money instead of going to the mall right away to spend it!!! LOL
I would agree that she's got spunk. I was definately not dis'n her, just thought it was funny/cute/amusing.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Heidi's Avatar
Heidi Heidi is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 6,858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCLC View Post
I was raising a child at 14. I don't doubt that she's mature, but the inconsistencies in her ads are peculiar.


My 14 yo daughter's classmate just had a baby. Wow! Neither dd or I could imagine her being in those shoes. Luckily for me, she's had a few girlfriends who've been kind enough to share some of their "experiences" with her, and for now anyway she thinks it sounds pretty darn gross. We'll see how long that lasts!

I admire your strength. A baby is a blessing and a lot of work, and it sounds like you've come through it well! How old is your child now?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Neekie's Avatar
Neekie Neekie is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wisconsin Northwoods
Posts: 220
Default

I started babysitting at twelve years old for a family with six kids. The oldest was ten years old and the youngest only two weeks. And they had two kittens that were getting into everything. They lived on the main street in town above a bar. The noise and music from the bar kept all the kids awake all night and and the drunks kept coming up to their apartment looking for the bathroom. LOL And their were no screens on the windows which were wide open cause it was so hot and no air conditioning. I was afraid the kids were going to fall out of the second story windows onto the sidewalk below.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Heidi's Avatar
Heidi Heidi is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 6,858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neekie View Post
I started babysitting at twelve years old for a family with six kids. The oldest was ten years old and the youngest only two weeks. And they had two kittens that were getting into everything. They lived on the main street in town above a bar. The noise and music from the bar kept all the kids awake all night and and the drunks kept coming up to their apartment looking for the bathroom. LOL And their were no screens on the windows which were wide open cause it was so hot and no air conditioning. I was afraid the kids were going to fall out of the second story windows onto the sidewalk below.
holy cr***

Up in the Northwood der eh? lol
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Neekie's Avatar
Neekie Neekie is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wisconsin Northwoods
Posts: 220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidi View Post
holy cr***

up in the northwood der eh? Lol
Yoo Betcha!!! LOL
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Experience transitioning a child from nanny care to daycare? cheerfuldom Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 5 08-12-2012 04:54 PM
Help Me Translate 5 Years Center Experience to in Home Daycare bluemoose_mom Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 5 04-27-2012 12:02 PM
Those Who Have Been Doing Home Daycare For 10+ Years JenNJ Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 7 02-17-2011 07:14 PM
Happy New Years Eve Day Everyone mac60 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 11 12-31-2010 10:55 AM
:mad:Bad day care experience jps123 Parents and Guardians Forum 3 06-23-2009 05:04 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:40 AM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming