Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 08-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Nature Lover

Default When a Child Leaves Your Care........

does it leave a hole in your ? I was notified last week that a little one was leaving my care.

Background: Mom is a teacher so I didn't have child over the summer. Received a text message child wouldn't be coming back! Seriously a text message.

I asked why and if there was something I did. No, child and parents absolutely love, love, loved it here but the group was to small. They want the child to be around more kids to prepare for kindergarten. I explained that the child would be going to school with 3 of the kids from here (he would already know 3 kids not 0).

I had agonized over raising my rates with this family as because of some circumstances. This family was never late, paid on time, child was a dream to have, etc. The child loved being outside and I knew they would love some of the things I did this summer to the backyard.

I didn't get to say good bye and neither did the kids. One of my moms (drop in) is worried her little one won't want to come here because the child loved coming here to play with that one child.

I just feel lost and I really don't want to fill the spot hoping they will change their mind and come back. Its a full time spot so it would be great money but I just keep hoping they change their minds.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:57 PM
Daycare.com Member

A text message?!

Like I posted, my dcb (who I absolutely adore, one of those kids who just walks right in and makes you love him) had to give notice bc his Mom lost her job. Fantastic kid, fantastic family, never a problem, ever, etc. I am very very torn on holding the spot for him. I have never done that before (never say never!) when Dad asked me to give them a month, I said no. Unfortunately this is a business I am running and although I would love to have him back I can't lose a ft spot. If it was pt, I would have said yes in a heartbeat.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:01 PM
Nature Lover

I know what you mean! I'm going to have to get serious and on the ball fill this spot.

Everyone just loved this child and same to everyone else. I know in your case the parents can't help it but in mine why don't they think about the child and the friendships they have built here.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:05 PM
Daycare.com Member

Everyone loves my dcb too. Older dcg overheard and started crying today. I started crying, dcd teared up, dcb was crying, it was a mess! Atleast they promised he would be with me in some capacity, even if it is per diem and paying for parents night out (only ft clients are free).

Tags
family - leaving, goodbye - sad, sad