Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Contract And Neglect
Unregistered 09:21 PM 04-22-2017
I apologize for the length and typos. I'm writing this post in tears.

We started with a new daycare provider 2 weeks ago. During our interview, she said everything I wanted to hear and seemed to be a great fit for us. Her house is a ranch style with an upstairs daycare area and a downstairs area. The upstairs area is not visible when you walk in (and she doesn't "like" when parents go back there during pick up or drop off). There's also bedrooms with cribs on a separate end of the house. We were ensured her mom was there every day and the kids "love" her.

We started a few days later and the first day seemed great. The next day, we picked her up and she seemed a little fussy but she's not even 8 months old yet, so I didn't think anything of it. After a few days, I noticed a trend that my daughter was always "just waking up from a nap" or "just getting her diaper changed." It didn't matter if it was 2pm or 5pm. She was always in the bedrooms on the other side of the house away from the rest of the kids and I've never heard an adult voice in the house. There's been times she's talked to my boyfriend for a half hour without checking on the other kids. Maybe there is someone else back there, but I strongly feel that there isn't. Every day we have picked her up, her hair is completely knotted in the back as if she is laying on her back all day. yesterday, I pulled into the driveway to find her talking to a client (she breeds dogs) in the driveway. I made a comment about it and she said that the lady was there to do tests on her dog to see if she is in heat. We walked into the house, and she walked into the crib rooms to get my daughter who was left unattended. As she was walking back there she said "Oh [daughter's name], you didn't drink any of your bottle. " again, she is 7 months old. Not only was my daughter left alone, so were the other children for who knows how long.

These are honestly only a few of my concerns. So my question is, do we have a good chance of getting out of our contract? We have to give 1 months notice before leaving but I cannot in good faith send my child back there. I am also not going to pay $800 dollars to a woman who is abusing my daughter. I have no physical evidence yet but am looking into a few different options such as neighborhood security cameras. We are prepared to go to court if needed, but we are just not sure if this is a case we even have a chance at winning.
Tags:contract - broken, notice, terminate
Up