Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Back in the game/Timeout/ Any suggestions?
TillmanGreen 04:53 AM 09-25-2018
It's been four years since I have been in a classroom. I decided to go back into the scene. I start Monday and am a little nervous because I will be very rusty. ( I'm co lead, pre school, 3's) I have 4 years expiernece but again, I'm nervous. With that said, there are somethings I would like to work on. one of them is when it comes to "Time out" though we are not sposta call it that. Not sure why, maybe because it will hurt the kids feelings? Silly. What is happening to discipline? Anyways, in orentation, if a child is acting rude and such to where he has to be put in a "Time out" (omg! I said it!) then they are to go somewhere quiet and read or I give them something to play with in said spot. How can I prevent the inevitable which is a child will figure out this pattern and he/she will act out just to be alone and get to read or whatever? I thought of, as a punishment, giving them a very boring book so it's not fun for them but I'm willing to take suggestions. At my old centers kids sat at a table for a little moment with nothing then the adult would follow up on the child's actions. I thought that was a classic way to approach something like this. This new thing of giving them something to play with strikes me odd but hey, I could be wrong and maybe it does work. Any Ideas? Thanks.
Tags:behavior plan, classroom management, curriculum - age appropriate, escalation, quiet boxes, redirection, self sooth, soft seating
Up