Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: Will You Be Watching or Did You Watch the 1st Presidential Debate?
Yes 15 75.00%
No 5 25.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>1st Presidential Debate
Michael 01:21 PM 09-29-2020
We have been engaging in Presidential political conversation since Obama's first term. Clicking on the TAGS will bring up some of the former conversations. A lot has changed over the last 10 years!

I like using polls and will start the final month of fanfare will a simple who will be watching the debates. I am staying home with my family to watch it. I think we will see two different political philosophies and tactics. One standard and the other avant garde.

Here's a 2017 post from the last election: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85656
Blackcat31 02:03 PM 09-29-2020
While I am interested I probably won't watch.
I find lately I am much happier if I reserve my evenings for anything not related to work or politics.
Gemma 02:13 PM 09-29-2020
I'm with BC
Annalee 03:24 PM 09-29-2020
I'm a channel-changer so I will probably watch some of it while watching many other things then catch up on the highlights??!!
e.j. 03:33 PM 09-29-2020
I plan to watch it but I'm not sure how long I can listen and watch without wanting to tear my hair out.
PB&J 03:49 PM 09-29-2020
Originally Posted by e.j.:
I plan to watch it but I'm not sure how long I can listen and watch without wanting to tear my hair out.
This. Pull my hair out or throw something at the tv.
Valerie928 04:47 PM 09-29-2020
I am definitely watching. Can things possibly get any worse here in America? Probably, but why not watch Amerca's most entertaining thing to be aired on TV since the pandemic started.
Cat Herder 05:04 PM 09-29-2020
I originally said no on the poll but now my husband wants to. That means I will be watching, too, since I can't sleep with the TV on.

I found some fun Trump/Biden Debate Bingo cards that will make it a bit more fun for me, though. Who comes up with this stuff??
Michael 05:16 PM 09-29-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I originally said no on the poll but now my husband wants to. That means I will be watching, too, since I can't sleep with the TV on.

I found some fun Trump/Biden Debate Bingo cards that will make it a bit more fun for me, though. Who comes up with this stuff??
I updated the poll to reflect your watching.
CeriBear 05:35 PM 09-29-2020
I’ll be watching. I’ve always been a political nerd —even before I could vote.
Cat Herder 06:01 PM 09-29-2020
Originally Posted by Michael:
I updated the poll to reflect your watching.
Thanks. And so it begins....
e.j. 08:00 PM 09-29-2020
Now that the first debate is over, the question becomes, "Will anyone be watching the next 2 debates?" If this is the best the US has to offer, we're in trouble.
Josiegirl 02:41 AM 09-30-2020
Now that the first debate is over, the question becomes, "Will anyone be watching the next 2 debates?" If this is the best the US has to offer, we're in trouble.
I didn't watch it. And seeing this reply is scary. :/ But I'll check the news and see what their input is.

Either way, being politicians I doubt there's a lot of truth of what was said compared to what would happen no matter who gets elected. Sad really.
Truth, justice isn't the American way anymore. It comes down to who can pull off promises and lies better.
Cat Herder 05:02 AM 09-30-2020
Right?

It is so frustrating. I don't like the fact that we can only elect rich people. They are the only ones who can afford to get on the ballot.
Sunshine69 05:46 AM 09-30-2020
I send my daycare kids to time out for acting like those two fools.
Blackcat31 05:58 AM 09-30-2020
If this is the best the US has to offer, we're in trouble.
We've been in trouble for a while now. It's just getting worse. Praying we are at/nearing rock bottom so that the only way to go from here is up.

Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Right?

It is so frustrating. I don't like the fact that we can only elect rich people. They are the only ones who can afford to get on the ballot.
I am tired of rich politicians and celebrities dictating how I am suppose to feel, think and act.

Originally Posted by Sunshine69:
I send my daycare kids to time out for acting like those two fools.
I would've termed them both the first day.

The disrespect, petulance and plain old stupidity in the political world these last few years is down right ridiculous.

Don't even get me started on the media...
Annalee 06:09 AM 09-30-2020
I found it very entertaining!

Especially the poor moderator trying to shut the candidates up to no avail!
Cat Herder 06:42 AM 09-30-2020
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I found it very entertaining!

Especially the poor moderator trying to shut the candidates up to no avail!
IDK. He was enjoying being a pot stirrer, too. I was let down by all of them.

Parliamentary Procedure is something that I respect and really enjoyed learning and practicing in my high school/college days. It gave order and dignity to debates. Respect, order and dignity matters. This was not a speak easy.
Josiegirl 07:59 AM 09-30-2020
As I said, I was going to simply find highlights in the news. Wow, lots of drama. For someone who is expected to run a country, I'd expect a lot more.
I guess I'm clueless as to what a debate is supposed to be; did they cover any of the issues at all or just mock, lie and destroy?
CenterTeacher20 09:31 AM 09-30-2020
I watched the whole thing and the after-show that happened on CNN and all of it just left me frustrated.
Annalee 10:37 AM 09-30-2020
I am not sure the debates will change the election anyway except maybe to make people throw their hands up and not vote!

No matter how/who/what I am for; I just don't think the Dems have a candidate that can beat Trump.

But then again, I thought Hilary (not that I was for her because I wasn't) would beat Trump hands down and that didn't happen so what do I know????
Valerie928 10:52 AM 09-30-2020
Debate highlights: Biden couldn't string together two sentences that made any sense and Trump took advantage of this by talking over him.
Annalee 11:48 AM 09-30-2020
Originally Posted by Valerie928:
Debate highlights: Biden couldn't string together two sentences that made any sense and Trump took advantage of this by talking over him.
Yes, and while some see Trump as a 'bully'; some will see Biden as 'definite no' on the ballot because of this. Just my opinons!
Valerie928 01:33 PM 09-30-2020
Yes, and while some see Trump as a 'bully'; some will see Biden as 'definite no' on the ballot because of this. Just my opinons!
Agreed
Cat Herder 01:37 PM 09-30-2020
I was thinking both.

I almost always feel like I need a shower after voting.
Josiegirl 01:38 PM 09-30-2020
Originally Posted by Valerie928:
Agreed
I do sincerely hope you're wrong.
e.j. 01:50 PM 09-30-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
We've been in trouble for a while now. It's just getting worse.
So true.
Tags:2020, debate, joe biden, politics, president, presidential debate - 2020, trump
Reply Up