Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Are Your Own Children Bored on the Weekend?
DaisyMamma 06:50 PM 05-31-2012
My daughters drive me crazy all weekend wanting friends over and to "do something" because they are so use to all the dck here l week. Does this happen to you?
They don't like any organized sports, dance, etc. and I feel like they need rest on the weekend, but it seems to stress them out!
Crystal 07:59 PM 05-31-2012
How old are your children? Mine are grown up, but I can tell you how they were.....
spud912 08:20 PM 05-31-2012
YES!!!

Usually, we are very busy on the weekends between grocery shopping, going to the library, visiting family, and taking the kids out to places we can't go to during the week (playgrounds, children's museum, zoos, etc.). All of that really cuts down on the boredom. They also enjoy being able to watch some tv on the weekend (a luxury they don't have during the week). I try to do any leftover cleaning from the week when my kids are asleep (in the morning, evening, or nap time). Basically, it's all family time and they do enjoy it. The few occasions I have to just sit back and relax, they do bore easily. The playroom is not very fun without all of their playmates.

As a reference, my 2 girls are 3 years and 18 months.
Jenniferdawn 10:02 PM 05-31-2012
No. My kids are all introverts and love the weekend. They play with each other and enjoy the peace. Me too!
spud912 10:08 PM 05-31-2012
Originally Posted by Jenniferdawn:
No. My kids are all introverts and love the weekend. They play with each other and enjoy the peace. Me too!
That's great! I wish my kids were a little more introverted sometimes. Last Monday we didn't do anything and my 3 year old kept begging to go somewhere in the car while my 18 month old kept putting on her shoes and pulling on the locked garage door handle (while saying "shoe, shoe, shoe, go").
DCBlessings27 07:43 AM 06-01-2012
My dd is 3 and an only child until December. She gets a little bored on weekends. She asks when her friends are coming again. Mostly though, we do a lot of activities that we can't do since we're stuck at home all day M-F.

I have noticed that she gets a little more bored/lonely the more time she spends with the daycare kids or her older cousins. For Memorial Day, we went to our lake house. We had 1 cousin ride with us on the way down there, and dd wanted a cousin to ride with her anywhere we went for the rest of the weekend. I'm thinking it's great that I'm pregnant because I think she needs a playmate.

My sis-in-law is closing her daycare to take a job at her kids' school. Her youngest is 7 though, so it will work out for her. I get burnt out sometimes, but I couldn't close at this point because my daughter wakes up asking for her friends every morning.
small_steps 10:00 AM 06-01-2012
Well I have 3 kiddos...twins that are 8 and an almost 3 year old. They would probably get bored if we stayed home all weekend although they do love the house without the daycare kids here. We are in sports and that keeps us busy, but we also go to the lake, city beach, local waterparks. I guess when I'm stuck home all week it's one of the last places I want to be on the weekends when I'm free. And if I am at home I usually am cleaning or just want to relax and not do anything but maybe read a book or watch a good lifetime movie.
My3cents 10:11 AM 06-01-2012
Come the weekend. I am usually ready to be out of the house and doing something other then daycare.

We are too busy to be bored. Always have something going on. If we are at home we do things like board games as a family, read, clean (have to do it sometime)

If you stay home a lot on the weekends. Try these few things

change out toys for just weekend use
get outside
do things you don't do during the week
expect moments of boredom- that is life. Every minute can't be exciting and fun and that is ok.

Best-
Tags:bored
Reply Up