Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>daycare in my church
sue 10:37 AM 09-12-2008
I am interested in starting a daycare in my church in Pennsylvania. What do I need to do to get this started?
thanks!
daycaremom1998 09:57 AM 09-30-2008
We were looking at starting a daycare in our church about 5 years ago. Licensing for this is the same as for any other. You need to call the Social Services Departement in the state you live in for an information packet on daycare licensing. It should be laid out for you in this information. Good luck to you!
kidcentric 06:51 PM 10-27-2008
Several years ago we worked with a couple of churches that were looking at starting or expanding child care programs. At that time, the "Council of Churches" was doing some work on making support resources available to child care providers. Just doing a quick web search, I'm not finding the program, so do not know for sure that it still exists. Would be worth looking for though. Even if it's not still running, the resources should still be on the web somewhere. I can't remember if it was the National organization or the California organization. If nothing else, I'm sure an email or phone call to one of the organizations could provide some direction.
Reply Up