Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone from Houston?
dave4him 02:04 AM 11-04-2012
Didn't know if we had any Texan's here, but wanted to see what is like down south of us. I have family moving out to Houston next year and was wondering what its like living out that way. Cost of living, daycare, weather, stuff like that.
Thanks
Binkybobo 02:22 PM 11-30-2012
I live in the houston area. Houston is great. You could rent a pretty good size home for about $1000/month. Of course this is a basic house and it goes up from there, but still great. Home daycares from what I have seen charge on average $100/week. The most I usually see is about $140/week for a preschooler. I saw a listing on craigslist for a home center that charged $250/week.... I am not sure what that is about or how she gets clents, but it obviously works. A nice (commercial) daycare center may cost you about about $175 -$300/ week for an infant and $150-$250 for preschoolers. The weather in TX changes by the day. It has been said that TX is one of the few places that you can actually get 4 seasons in one week though it never snows here. Once in a blue moon it snows..kinda. It is very humid in Houston! This may explain the BIG, hairsprayed hair stereotype. Don't expect to find a basement here. With all of this being said I still love it here! Let me Know if you have anymore questions!
allsmiles 02:37 PM 11-30-2012
im in dallas.. bout 4 hours from houston..i went to college a lil while in houston and of course frequent the city cuz its close to our "beach" in galveston LOL and i agree with binkyboo on everything..love TEXAS
dallas's prices are about the same my neighborhood can even go down to $85/week avg.. northern areas $120..
we are in mid 70 degree weather right now if you can believe.. very unpredictable, but for the most part pleasant..
Reply Up