Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Inspection Today
Michelle 07:48 PM 08-05-2014
I passed my surprise inspection today!!!
I was really shocked and definitely not expecting licensing today

you know how everyones worse fear is there will be a sink full of dirty dishes, kids will be going crazy and you open the door to an inspector holding a clipboard?

well, I had just drowned my stressed out mind with a bag of m n m's so my heart was pounding out of my chest and I was having a severe sugar reaction 15 minutes before she knocked, I had just dropped off 9 kids at VBS ( one is the ring leader) and it was so nice and quiet and my dh was reading all the two year olds a book, we did have a sink full of dirty dishes from breakfast but my dd had just finished loading the dishwasher ( thanks for the advice from my other stressed out thread... I started asking for help... ) I had two infants 6 months and 8 months and had my hands full
I had just dropped off my disabled aunt that likes to walk around in my yard talking to herself at her adult daycare ( she is totally harmless... she is special needs)

This licenser just raved on and on how nice my house is and how good the children are ( the kids seriously were running up and hugging us constantly ) they do that all the time but it made us feel good and glad that they didn't do their usual "mine" grab... waaaaaaaah )

I just can't believe it went so well
I am so happy and she said I won't have another visit for 3 years

DaveA 04:55 AM 08-06-2014
Congratulations! I'm sure you did great. I've found we're our own worst critics.

My rep is psychic- he knows when I ask myself "OK- what the $^$@ else is going to happen today?" Then he shows up.
NightOwl 07:31 AM 08-06-2014
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
Congratulations! I'm sure you did great. I've found we're our own worst critics.

My rep is psychic- he knows when I ask myself "OK- what the $^$@ else is going to happen today?" Then he shows up.

NightOwl 07:32 AM 08-06-2014
Congratulations Michelle! That was truly a perfect storm! And I'm so jealous that you get 3 year intervals.
mom2many 07:52 AM 08-06-2014
I'm glad it went well! I heard CA was going to start doing annual visits... My last one was in 2012, so I am half expecting one any time, but if it is still every 3 then I won't have one until next summer. I always dread those visits & it's great to have one go smooth!!!!
proudmommyofthree 08:07 AM 08-06-2014
I'm so glad it well for you! I always stress when they come out. But I also heard they will start doing their visits yearly. I just had mine in march and my licensor told me they had to catch up on all their visits because they will now start doing annual visits .
Unregistered 08:39 AM 08-06-2014
I love that Lilo and Stitch movie where the social worker comes and theres a pot of food burning, the door is nailed shut, and Lilo has a picture of herself all sad and " all alone" written on top
and sister is not there
that's how I always things happening when I get my first inspection
hopefully not
KDC 08:45 AM 08-06-2014
I know what a release it is when they walk out the door and all is good!! Congratulations!!

I had my first surprise visit in 8 years this past May, and I was shocked to see her at the door and it was a super crazy moment... she didn't bat an eyelash and conducted her review. My preschoolers put on a show for her, babies were off schedule and fussy and my stinking lab kept nudging her elbow for belly rubs. I think I got lucky she was a dog person! No violations found and it was an adult beverage kind of night when everyone disappeared.
Annalee 08:57 AM 08-06-2014
Originally Posted by Michelle:
I passed my surprise inspection today!!!
I was really shocked and definitely not expecting licensing today

you know how everyones worse fear is there will be a sink full of dirty dishes, kids will be going crazy and you open the door to an inspector holding a clipboard?

well, I had just drowned my stressed out mind with a bag of m n m's so my heart was pounding out of my chest and I was having a severe sugar reaction 15 minutes before she knocked, I had just dropped off 9 kids at VBS ( one is the ring leader) and it was so nice and quiet and my dh was reading all the two year olds a book, we did have a sink full of dirty dishes from breakfast but my dd had just finished loading the dishwasher ( thanks for the advice from my other stressed out thread... I started asking for help... ) I had two infants 6 months and 8 months and had my hands full
I had just dropped off my disabled aunt that likes to walk around in my yard talking to herself at her adult daycare ( she is totally harmless... she is special needs)

This licenser just raved on and on how nice my house is and how good the children are ( the kids seriously were running up and hugging us constantly ) they do that all the time but it made us feel good and glad that they didn't do their usual "mine" grab... waaaaaaaah )

I just can't believe it went so well
I am so happy and she said I won't have another visit for 3 years
Count your blessing on the 3 year wait....we get over that many inspections yearly from licensing, not to mention 2 from health/env, 4 from food program, one from fire marshall...???
Reply Up