Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Outdoor Toy Storage
spinnymarie 09:05 AM 05-06-2014
How do you store your outdoor toys? We have so many trikes, bikes, balls, sports stuff, etc, plus strollers. The garage has lots of tools, so licensing would like it to be locked, so while I could open, get toys out and close, that's annoying, so I was hoping someone had a better solution
Chellieleanne 09:24 AM 05-06-2014
Originally Posted by spinnymarie:
How do you store your outdoor toys? We have so many trikes, bikes, balls, sports stuff, etc, plus strollers. The garage has lots of tools, so licensing would like it to be locked, so while I could open, get toys out and close, that's annoying, so I was hoping someone had a better solution
I leave outdoor toys outside under the patio cover but I also don't have a ton, just enough to keep down fights and to have a variety. If it rains I bring them into the garage. If you have enough room maybe one of the sheds from Home Depot to store the toys? That way you can switch them out or keep them out of the elements.

That is what I would do if I needed to get them out of sight
sarah33 10:00 AM 05-06-2014
I had one side of our deck paved with river stones and that is now the "parking lot" for all of the trikes, etc., and then I got two Step2 benches where I store all of the balls, cones, sport stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/Step2-5433KR-O...s=step+2+bench

I think they are cheaper at Home Depot with free store pick-up.

The only toys in my garage are the collapsible tunnels and my 5-seater stroller.
sarah33 10:03 AM 05-06-2014
Here is a pic...
Attached: DSCN0495.jpg (167.5 KB) 
TigerLily 10:50 AM 05-06-2014
Originally Posted by sarah33:
I had one side of our deck paved with river stones and that is now the "parking lot" for all of the trikes, etc., and then I got two Step2 benches where I store all of the balls, cones, sport stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/Step2-5433KR-O...s=step+2+bench

I think they are cheaper at Home Depot with free store pick-up.

The only toys in my garage are the collapsible tunnels and my 5-seater stroller.
Are the benches water tight? I was thinking of getting something like this http://www.homedepot.com/p/Keter-Gle...9?N=5yc1vZbtz1

but those benches are much cuter!
spinnymarie 12:58 PM 05-06-2014
Thanks for the ideas. We probably do need them out of sight and we definitely have far too many. We do spend a lot of time out there though.
Probably a little garden shed would be best.
sarah33 01:17 PM 05-06-2014
that is cute, too!

I got them as benches so I could sit in the shade with the babies/toddlers and they serve more as a 2-n-1 function. They are watertight (and snow tight!) I even put them together by myself.
missy 07:25 PM 05-06-2014
Google "deck box." You can get them pretty cheap online. Or if you need a huge space you could get several 45 gallon storage bins with lids for as low as $60 (total for several) online. Better yet, search Craig's list for one of those plastic storage sheds. They are pretty cheap if secondhand.
Play Care 03:09 AM 05-07-2014
I had a storage bench but wasn't crazy about it. It leaked and the top kept popping off.
I was able to purchase a small garden shed with some grant money. I am going to padlock the handles to have control of what comes out and when
Eventually I'd like a bigger shed to store bikes and bigger toys.
childcaremom 04:57 AM 05-07-2014
Originally Posted by TigerLily:
Are the benches water tight? I was thinking of getting something like this http://www.homedepot.com/p/Keter-Gle...9?N=5yc1vZbtz1

but those benches are much cuter!
I have 2 of similar storage containers for ours. We have a massive deck so we can use them as extra seating, too. I like them.

If I was continuing with daycare past the summer, I would be getting a storage shed for all the larger toys. As it is, they sit on the deck through all weather. They have survived 2 years so far but it is not optimal in our climate (rains a lot, cold winters, lots of snow, chances of hurricanes, etc).

My dh (it varies on what this acronym stands for in this situation, lol) uses the garage for his tools (he's a carpenter). It is usually not organized and there is very little room for toy storage. If they were stored, I probably couldn't get them out
Tags:storage, toy storage
Reply Up