Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Can I Please See Your Dress Up Area?
SunflowerMama 12:51 PM 09-07-2012
I have a small space for dress up clothes and we have a lot . It just always looks so messy to me.

How do you display your dress-up? Pictures would be awesome!

I tried to find some ideas on pinterest but didn't find a ton.

Thanks!
Nickel 01:23 PM 09-07-2012
I don't have a picture of my dress up area, but what I did was get one of those hook things that hang on the wall that had about 4 hooks. Then I got another accordian style hanger hook thing from the dollar tree and screwed that into the wall (it's actually my closet door) under neath the nice hooks. I now have about 11 hooks to hang shirts, skirts, dresses, robes, etc on. Then I got a cube and in there are hats, crowns, purses, and accessories. Next to all of that is a large mirror and thats it.
Crazy8 01:59 PM 09-07-2012
I don't have a picture but mine is all just in a box (really its an ottoman, no lid) - I hate the messy look of it being out - even trying to do it neatly just looks messy to me!!
spud912 02:06 PM 09-07-2012
I have this to store our dress-up stuff:

I like it because it doesn't take up much space and it has mirrors on both sides. I don't like it because the turning mechanism pretty much stopped working immediately.
countrymom 02:15 PM 09-07-2012
I have a huge wardrobe closet. Dress up stuff is one of those things that kids just love. I think if you look thru my pictures you can see it, its the big one in the blue room thats filled with toys. I like the fact that once you close the doors you can't see anything.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 03:37 PM 09-07-2012
I really don't do dress up clothes. First of all mine are little. I have like kitchen aprons. But, I had a little one with head lice this year and it kinda freaked me out. So, we make "dress up" items like the chef's hats but, we don't share! As they get older I will probably add some more clothes "props" but I really don't like lots of dress up items. They do fine pretending without them
melskids 04:16 PM 09-07-2012
This is mine....nothing special.

016.jpg
Attached:
MizzCheryl 05:05 PM 09-07-2012
This is my dressup center. A cheep clothes rack from Dollar General. One of my DCP gave me the closet shelf ($2.00). I cut the bottom off and sewed it to the top to make it sturdy. Then attached it to one pole with a needle and thread.
Attached: DSCF1589.jpg (117.3 KB) DSCF1588.jpg (107.5 KB) 
Daycarelady1979 06:56 PM 09-07-2012
I have VERY limited space for my dress up area. I've been struggling with how to make it look nice for years now. Jusr the other day I found a great, space saving solution for $5 at Walmart. It was in the section with laundry baskets, ironing boards, etc. It ls an over the door organizer, made for hanging purses/bags, and it has 18 hooks that go down the back of the door so things hang vertically. I put my dress up clothes on hangers & hung them on the hooks. So far it is working out great! I can upload a picture if anyone wants to see it.

I am in desperate need of a shatter proof mirror. Where have you all gotten yours?
cheerfuldom 07:14 PM 09-07-2012
my handy hubby made a version of this

http://ana-white.com/2011/09/dress-cart

except he put hooks on the side and then a rod down the center so it looks like a little closet. clothes are hung on baby hangers since most of the dress up items are for smaller sized kids anyway. I throw in some plastic cheap jewelry whenever I see it on sale, we have a ton of dress up shoes and then some misc. purses and hats.
melskids 03:45 AM 09-08-2012
Originally Posted by Daycarelady1979:
I have VERY limited space for my dress up area. I've been struggling with how to make it look nice for years now. Jusr the other day I found a great, space saving solution for $5 at Walmart. It was in the section with laundry baskets, ironing boards, etc. It ls an over the door organizer, made for hanging purses/bags, and it has 18 hooks that go down the back of the door so things hang vertically. I put my dress up clothes on hangers & hung them on the hooks. So far it is working out great! I can upload a picture if anyone wants to see it.

I am in desperate need of a shatter proof mirror. Where have you all gotten yours?
My mirror is from Kaplan. It was pretty pricey...$150 I think. I got it with a grant, that's the only reason I spent that much!!!
SilverSabre25 05:23 AM 09-08-2012
Originally Posted by Daycarelady1979:

I am also in desperate need of one. I have been thinking of finding a way to mount a piece of plexiglass over the surface of a cheapy regular mirror. Superglue maybe? Gorilla glue? Haven't done any research yet, but I should...
Reply Up