Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nothing But Two-Year Olds!
Rockgirl 06:32 AM 07-30-2014
When the new school year begins next month, I'll have a 22 month old, and 4-5 two year olds. I've never had this happen before! I'm trying to find the positives: it'll be easier to plan crafts & activities for one age group, I won't have to keep replacing kids each school year, because no one will age out for a long time, uhh, that's all I've got so far, lol...this will be ok, right?
lynne 07:23 AM 07-30-2014
I love 2 year olds! They are so much fun, always learning and chattering!
jenboo 07:55 AM 07-30-2014
Originally Posted by lynne:
I love 2 year olds! They are so much fun, always learning and chattering!
I have 4 two year olds right now... All boys! Definitely not my favorite age.
It is easier to do activities since they are all the same age. After the first month it has gotten much better! Now our days transition much better and everyone has the routine down.
Rockgirl 09:06 AM 07-30-2014
Hopefully after they all adjust to the routine, it'll be a good thing.
nothingwithoutjoy 09:33 AM 07-30-2014
I love 2-year-olds! They're especially fun when there are no big kids being driven crazy by their explorations. You will really be able to relax into their pace--1-block walks that take 1/2 an hour because you're looking at every ant, sitting on the sidewalk watching the trucks at work on the street, hanging out reading board book after board book as the kids wander in and out of the group, building towers and knocking them down again and again.... And not only will you not have to look for new kids for a long time, you'll have kids who've been with you for ages and know each other super well as well as your routine and expectations; they'll be an awesome group of 4-year-olds.
lynne 09:35 AM 07-30-2014
Originally Posted by nothingwithoutjoy:
I love 2-year-olds! They're especially fun when there are no big kids being driven crazy by their explorations. You will really be able to relax into their pace--1-block walks that take 1/2 an hour because you're looking at every ant, sitting on the sidewalk watching the trucks at work on the street, hanging out reading board book after board book as the kids wander in and out of the group, building towers and knocking them down again and again.... And not only will you not have to look for new kids for a long time, you'll have kids who've been with you for ages and know each other super well as well as your routine and expectations; they'll be an awesome group of 4-year-olds.

daycarediva 10:18 AM 07-30-2014
Yup!! I have a set of 4yos, 3 of them (one is leaving unfortunately)that will all age up/ out in September next year. They are very close knit and wonderful kids. I am replacing them with 2yos to have the same thing.
DaveA 10:26 AM 07-30-2014
Couldn't have said it any better.
SilverSabre25 10:28 AM 07-30-2014
2 is MY FAVORITE AGE.

i would give a LOT to get to have nothing but 2s!
jenboo 10:42 AM 07-30-2014
Oh man!! Can you send them my way! My 2's have about a 2 minute attention span and are bouncing off the walls all day long!
mema 11:28 AM 07-30-2014
At least 2 yo don't whine that they are bored and just want to watch tv or play games on tablets. You can give them a box, some tissue paper, paper towel rolls, little blankets, and let them go
preschoolteacher 11:29 AM 07-30-2014
I have four 2-year-olds!! This sounds like our morning exactly. I really like having them all this age (except for the temper tantrums and screaming), but only one of them does that.
Sunchimes 12:03 PM 07-30-2014
I once had 3 girls all within 3 weeks of each other in age. They started at 10 months and were here until they were well over 2. It was the best year of my career. One left when mom quit work and one when grandma quit work. The third is still here but will head off to pre-k next month. All 3 girls are still friends, and I still see them and get hugs when I see them at storytime or at t-ball. I'd give anything for another group of 2s.
Rockgirl 12:55 PM 07-30-2014
I've had 4 two year olds before, but at the time, I had a couple of older preschoolers and some SA's. Never ALL 2's. And I'm excited that one of these kiddos is the daughter of a former SA dcg I had years ago. First time I've had a second generation dck.
TwinKristi 01:26 PM 07-30-2014
I'll have 1 one, 4 two's and 1 three in Oct plus (maybe) a newbie! 2 is my fave age too.
NightOwl 07:58 PM 07-30-2014
I love listening to their conversations that no one understands except them! So friggin cute. Next week, after school starts, mine will be 12m, 15m, 18m, 2y, and 2.5y. Plus a newborn sibling coming at the beginning of the year.
CraftyMom 08:06 PM 07-30-2014
I love my group of 2 year olds!
Cat Herder 04:15 AM 07-31-2014
Hmmm.... thinking back. I recall there were some huge snowstorms and long term power outages about 3 years ago???

My group will be all 18-30 months, too. Seems to be in the air.

I am excited about it. Going to be a fun year!!!
Rockgirl 05:48 AM 07-31-2014
I'm getting excited. It's encouraging to see so many enjoying their twos. I'm going to do a major overhaul in my playroom....put away 'big kid' stuff and simplify.
NightOwl 07:24 AM 07-31-2014
I AM excited and I think in just now realizing it! It's going to be a big change for the better. A group ranging from 11 months up to almost 6yrs had been so hard. They're just so very different. I'd like to keep them within a couple of years in age from now on, if possible.
mim 07:55 AM 07-31-2014
I started out with 6- 2yr olds. 5 boys and 1 girl. And then my own 4yo. It was the best. They were so fun and I miss that. I agree that mixed ages is hard. My big kids get so ticked when the little ones knock their block towers over. I have to explain to them that they were once the little ones knocking other kids towers over. Not that that helps them any.
When school starts which I cannot wait because my own SA's are driving me bonkers; I will have 22mos, 3yr,4yr,4yr,and 2 SA's. Plus my 2 SA's
Josiegirl 10:05 AM 07-31-2014
Originally Posted by when is naptime?:
I'm getting excited. It's encouraging to see so many enjoying their twos. I'm going to do a major overhaul in my playroom....put away 'big kid' stuff and simplify.
This is exactly what I'll need to do also!
I'll have a 13 month, 18 month old,2 2yos and then there will be 2 that attend preschool mornings.
Reply Up