Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Unvaccinated DCK - Do we tell the other DCPs?
SunflowerMama 07:49 AM 01-25-2017
Ok guys I can't find anything in my regulation handbook, my licensing rep isn't in the office and the intake line isn't picking up so I'm coming to you.

If we enroll a DCK who is un-vaccinated (with notarized affidavit) are we obligated to disclaim that info to the other families or is it a privacy issue?
Blackcat31 08:11 AM 01-25-2017
Originally Posted by SunflowerMama:
Ok guys I can't find anything in my regulation handbook, my licensing rep isn't in the office and the intake line isn't picking up so I'm coming to you.

If we enroll a DCK who is un-vaccinated (with notarized affidavit) are we obligated to disclaim that info to the other families or is it a privacy issue?
No! Vaccination (yes or no) is confidential and not something I ever disclose to other parents.
SunflowerMama 08:33 AM 01-25-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
No! Vaccination (yes or no) is confidential and not something I ever disclose to other parents.

Ok perfect. That's what I was thinking but just wanted to verify that i wasn't obligated to share it. Thanks BlackCat!
284878 10:15 AM 01-26-2017
In MI we are required to tell the parents if our own child is up to date on shots.
Tags:unvaccinated, vaccinations
Reply Up