Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Paying for Me to Clean
Lil_Diddle 07:35 AM 08-23-2018
It is a crazy start to a new school year. I watch mostly teachers kids, and I should mention I don’t charge for summers. This is the first full week back and the kids are dropping like flies, with two new call outs today 6/9 of my daycare kiddos are sick with croup. I’ve decided to close tomorrow to deep clean and give the daycare (which is the basement of my home) 3 full days to clear out.

Of course I have to have that one parent, so do we have to pay for tomorrow? It took all I had to be respectful in my reply. Yes, I will be working tomorrow. Cleaning every single toy and every single surface. What I really wanted to say is “you pay me $22 a day, if I tell everyone to not pay I’m missing out on a full day of pay. When I’m actually working hard to make sure to kill these germs. I understand your kid hasn’t gotten it yet, but for those that have. They have been out four days already! So I can clean and we can cross our fingers that your son hasn’t gotten and you’ll be out an entire week too” grrr, when they make it all about money, I feel so under appreciated.
LysesKids 08:08 AM 08-23-2018
Originally Posted by Lil_Diddle:
It is a crazy start to a new school year. I watch mostly teachers kids, and I should mention I don’t charge for summers. This is the first full week back and the kids are dropping like flies, with two new call outs today 6/9 of my daycare kiddos are sick with croup. I’ve decided to close tomorrow to deep clean and give the daycare (which is the basement of my home) 3 full days to clear out.

Of course I have to have that one parent, so do we have to pay for tomorrow? It took all I had to be respectful in my reply. Yes, I will be working tomorrow. Cleaning every single toy and every single surface. What I really wanted to say is “you pay me $22 a day, if I tell everyone to not pay I’m missing out on a full day of pay. When I’m actually working hard to make sure to kill these germs. I understand your kid hasn’t gotten it yet, but for those that have. They have been out four days already! So I can clean and we can cross our fingers that your son hasn’t gotten and you’ll be out an entire week too” grrr, when they make it all about money, I feel so under appreciated.
Welcome to the real world of daycare lol... This is part of why I pay extra for my Benefect disinfectant; spray it on ,no wiping needed. Spendy but very worth it sometimes
Jo123ABC 12:02 PM 08-23-2018
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
Welcome to the real world of daycare lol... This is part of why I pay extra for my Benefect disinfectant; spray it on ,no wiping needed. Spendy but very worth it sometimes
Is it as effective as bleach solution?
LysesKids 12:41 PM 08-23-2018
Originally Posted by Jo123ABC:
Is it as effective as bleach solution?
99.99% kill rate including MRSA and it smell so much nicer; not all states will allow this even though it's EPA approved Hospital grade just because it's plant based. Part of my reason for using it, is germs don't get immune to plant disinfectants like they do bleach... this is also less toxic than a vinegar/water mix, so that says a lot. I literally spray and walk away; my babies have never had issues in the 8 years I have used it. I even pour a few capfuls in my laundry for baby blankets
Tags:cleaning, parents - don't appreciate
Reply Up