Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>As The Dynamics Have Changed, So Has My Love For The Job!
Josiegirl 10:53 AM 09-03-2013
I went nearly crazy the past few years, dealing with the boys(and ages) I had, their physical reaction to everything and how they just didn't listen no matter what I said or did. Fight, gun play, wrestle, screaming, pushing, jumping on the furniture, slob manners at the table, you name it and these boys did it.

But NOW, I have 4 fulltime dcgs(one started today) and 1 dcg starting pt next week. We make mud pies, play dolls, play kitchen, do puzzles, read books. Yes, I can even enjoy sitting on the floor to read books because I don't have to literally place myself between 2 boys starting to get pushy. My oldest is 3.5 and the youngest is 15 months. I am psyched for this school year.

Now if I could get one more ft call that works out.....

Hope everyone is enjoying their new school season schedule.
Familycare71 10:58 AM 09-03-2013
Lol! I have always had more boys in care than girls... No Idea why but it is how it is- some can be a handful but lucky for me I generally get some fantastic kiddos
Enjoy the girls!
Blackcat31 11:20 AM 09-03-2013
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I went nearly crazy the past few years, dealing with the boys(and ages) I had, their physical reaction to everything and how they just didn't listen no matter what I said or did. Fight, gun play, wrestle, screaming, pushing, jumping on the furniture, slob manners at the table, you name it and these boys did it.

But NOW, I have 4 fulltime dcgs(one started today) and 1 dcg starting pt next week. We make mud pies, play dolls, play kitchen, do puzzles, read books. Yes, I can even enjoy sitting on the floor to read books because I don't have to literally place myself between 2 boys starting to get pushy. My oldest is 3.5 and the youngest is 15 months. I am psyched for this school year.

Now if I could get one more ft call that works out.....

Hope everyone is enjoying their new school season schedule.
TOTALLY agree! The dynamics of your group can make or break you!

I have a wonderful school year lined up with my little ones and couldn't be more excited about the group I have. Not really any newbies, but some older ones left for Kindy and I couldn't be happier.

I also termed my one baby and although I ed the baby and the family, I just know that NOT having a baby in care makes ALL the difference for me.

Glad your year is looking good!!
Lyss 11:20 AM 09-03-2013
I'm at all girls now too. I've always ended up with a majority of girls but I lost my last DCB recently and the DCK that replaced him is a girl so I'm all girls now, I miss DCB's activeness sometimes but overall I have a great group!
LK5kids 11:28 AM 09-03-2013
I have a great group also, & great parents too! So glad your group going so well for you!
Play Care 11:28 AM 09-03-2013
Yay!!! Last year I had mostly boys (one girl) and it was tough. The constant wrestling, yelling, not listening, etc. This year I'll have two girls and three boys during the day and I'm looking forward to more balance! Of course , three more boys come after school but hopefully not for much longer...
WImom 11:29 AM 09-03-2013
That's awesome! Lately it's been more boys for me. I miss having mostly girls. I have two girls of my own so I just feel I can relate more to them.
Starburst 02:06 PM 09-03-2013
Originally Posted by Familycare71:
Lol! I have always had more boys in care than girls... No Idea why but it is how it is- some can be a handful but lucky for me I generally get some fantastic kiddos
Enjoy the girls!
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Yay!!! Last year I had mostly boys (one girl) and it was tough. The constant wrestling, yelling, not listening, etc. This year I'll have two girls and three boys during the day and I'm looking forward to more balance! Of course , three more boys come after school but hopefully not for much longer...
Originally Posted by WImom:
That's awesome! Lately it's been more boys for me. I miss having mostly girls. I have two girls of my own so I just feel I can relate more to them.
Its seems like people are having more boys these days then girls, almost everyone I know who has had children within the last few years have mostly been boys. My student teaching supervisor even said that they will have more boys than girls in the classroom this year. Must be something in the water.
Lyss 07:22 PM 09-03-2013
Originally Posted by Starburst:
Its seems like people are having more boys these days then girls, almost everyone I know who has had children within the last few years have mostly been boys. My student teaching supervisor even said that they will have more boys than girls in the classroom this year. Must be something in the water.
We're the opposite. DH and I were just joking with some of DH's coworkers that there must be something in the water here for girls because everyone at his work and everyone we know has just had girls in the last 5 years. No boys
Starburst 07:20 PM 09-04-2013
Originally Posted by Lyss:
We're the opposite. DH and I were just joking with some of DH's coworkers that there must be something in the water here for girls because everyone at his work and everyone we know has just had girls in the last 5 years. No boys
Maybe its just regional?
Emsdayhome 08:22 AM 09-05-2013
hahaha enjoy the peaceful girlie play.....but I warn you, girls can get catty around 3-4yrs old lol. I have 2 boys and 2 girls personally, and the way they play and react to and with each other is NIGHT AND DAY. with daycare I have the same ratio...2 boys, 2 girls. it's so nice!! Would love one more full timer, and a girl around my 2yr old daughter's age would b fantastic.
Tags:daycare environment, daycare experiences
Reply Up