Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Divorced Parents Question
Danielle 10:44 AM 01-28-2011
...yea yea, I know "don't do business with family". I just feel that sometimes, this is what family is for. That being said, I have a full-timer starting next week!!

Little back story...
My cousin called me a while back saying that she was looking for childcare for her son but needed some time to get back on her feet (ex cleared her bank account while she was on short term disability). I told her that I'd help her out.

She has custody and her ex has to go through her for visitation. What do I need in my records? Just him not listed on the list of who can pick up? Letter from her? Court records? I feel weird asking for court records. But I want to protect myself in case he shows up.
Michael 12:46 PM 01-28-2011
Couple more posts on Divorced Parents: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...vorced+parents
Danielle 02:48 PM 01-28-2011
Thanks, but they really don't answer my question.
JenNJ 03:08 PM 01-28-2011
I require custody papers, visitation judgments, restraining orders, etc. As well as a written plan BY BOTH PARENTS OR THE CUSTODIAL PARENT about who picks up/drops off, who to call in case of sickness/early closure/emergency. I will NOT take any child into my care unless I have this info bc I am not going to be on the news bc I handed a child over to a parent on their word and they end up kidnapped.
Abigail 04:22 PM 01-28-2011
I would tell her that you need proof in your records that he is not allowed to stop by. She might know what paper she says that states that or tell her she needs a court order. You can also call your licensing agent and ask her specifically what they call it. Even though it is family, it is still business and you're doing the right thing asking for proof. It's to protect you, her child, and the safety/privacy of everyone involved.
Danielle 11:34 AM 01-30-2011
An update: I talked to mom and she did know exactly what papers she would need. She's going to bring her court order with her tomorrow when she comes to fill out the paper work. She was completely fine with it.
Tags:divorced parents
Reply Up