Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Christmas Party Entertainers Idea?
LovetheSun 11:39 PM 11-29-2017
Hi everyone!

Do you have any Christmas party entertainers idea?

We had a puppet show before, magician and bubble. I am running out of idea... looking for something to entertain the children (without them running around) and something affordable

Thank you!
Ariana 07:43 AM 11-30-2017
A princess?
FirstFriends 07:51 AM 11-30-2017
A storyteller with props to read Christmas Stories or a musician to lead Christmas related songs/Movement activities.
Unregistered 08:07 AM 11-30-2017
Maybe a simple craft? Many companies like Oriental Trading have cute crafts that you can buy in bulk. Another idea is to watch a movie. Netflix is starting to add the christmas specials again.

Hope this was actually helpful, as I'm not a daycare person. (Just have many cousins and siblings.)
LysesKids 08:08 AM 11-30-2017
Originally Posted by FirstFriends:
A storyteller with props to read Christmas Stories or a musician to lead Christmas related songs/Movement activities.
I like this idea... I might use it for my open house lol. What's one more person squeezed into a space under 500 sq ft
CityGarden 09:37 AM 11-30-2017
I hire a storyteller annually for December, she is amazing and manages to engage the children in the same stories each year but I will admit she is $$$$. I modeling my program's holiday celebration with the storyteller after an annual holiday tea party I often attended with my dd and now for my preschool.)

I like the idea of different entertainers all the time but find just like children like the same story read over and over they love and benefit from know what to expect even at celebrations at this age.

If I changed it up maybe a Puppet Show (annually in December) or what about doing a snow day? The children will not sit quietly but you could just embrace the chaos of it all They would love it, parents would like the novelty of it and it would make great pics for marketing purposes.
Blackcat31 11:51 AM 11-30-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Maybe a simple craft? Many companies like Oriental Trading have cute crafts that you can buy in bulk. Another idea is to watch a movie. Netflix is starting to add the christmas specials again.

Hope this was actually helpful, as I'm not a daycare person. (Just have many cousins and siblings.)
This is what I was thinking too. I'd set up a few craft areas. Kids LOVE crafts! If you have a couple different options available, everyone could participate.
Baby Beluga 12:39 PM 11-30-2017
Is this for the parents and children or for the children only?

You could do a petting zoo
Snow
Craft (maybe ornament making?)
Cookie decorating
Winter themed sensory stations
DaveA 03:37 AM 12-01-2017
Do you have a friend, family, or DCP who could do the storytelling or face painting (don't shoot me on that one- it's just common for some reason)

Otherwise I would do the craft stations idea.
Reply Up