Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare.com Forum and its Future
Michael 03:08 PM 02-11-2021
A lot of change has been happening in my life lately. This forum over the las 11 years has become one of the best resources for childcare parents and providers. At its height, we were getting over 600 posts a day. We are down to less than 40 a day now.

The reason is simple. While it is a goldmine of information, it is an old program that is not "mobile ready". Google now penalizes websites that are not mobile ready. Over 50% of our traffic uses mobile devices. I get why this forum should be mobile ready but the database is so large that I can not get the database to transfer over to the newest program which has mobile ready benefits.

That's unfortunate. I have a few directions I can go forward with. I would appreciate your feedback.

1) Install the new program and basically start over. The new forum over time will get Google indexing rewards of mobile-ready searches

2) Keep the forum as is

3) Do 1) and link to the old forum as an archive
Pandaluver21 03:54 PM 02-11-2021
I would definitely love to see more traffic, and if mobile is the way to go that might be worth it... HOWEVER I would hate to loose all the history we have on here. My vote would definitely be more towards #3 to keep both at some level.
Thank you for all you do!!
Former Teacher 05:02 PM 02-11-2021
I agree! Do 3!

I said a rhyme lol
Valerie928 06:22 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Pandaluver21:
I would definitely love to see more traffic, and if mobile is the way to go that might be worth it... HOWEVER I would hate to loose all the history we have on here. My vote would definitely be more towards #3 to keep both at some level.
Thank you for all you do!!
Yes! I agree with this.
e.j. 07:32 PM 02-11-2021
I'm not very tech savvy so while #3 seems to make the most sense to me, too, is there a downside to doing it this way?
Michael 07:44 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by e.j.:
I'm not very tech savvy so while #3 seems to make the most sense to me, too, is there a downside to doing it this way?
Yes, you would need to create a new account on the new system. Anything you had on this forum would be available to some degree. I guess my emphasis would be to play down the old forum to push the new one.
284878 08:16 PM 02-11-2021
#3...
CeriBear 06:39 AM 04-25-2021
I tried to register and I keep getting an error message.
Michael 07:55 AM 04-25-2021
Thanks. I’ll let you know when I figure that issue out. Everything else seems to work. Maybe I’ll manually add your login info here so you can sign in and check it out.
Former Teacher 08:27 AM 04-25-2021
I also tried and got the same message
Annalee 12:01 PM 04-25-2021
I'm getting the same message, too, and I tried with firefox and still got same message??
Michael 12:51 PM 04-25-2021
Ok, I resolved the issue. Would you try again to register? I would mostly like to know if the mobile version is a lot better than this older version here which has no mobile capabilities. Thank you
Tags:forum
Reply Up