Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Charging For Spring Break??
Auntie'sHouse 01:33 PM 03-19-2013
although im sure (i think) about charging a parent for spring break...why do i feel like im wrong?? i only have this chid in the morning for 1 hour then i take him to school. i charge $50 weekly. my contract states you pay for the spot not the child's attendance. the parent pays for the week now even if theres 1 or 2 days off from school in a week. i know they wont be happy about paying for a full week off though. friends and family who are not in the daycare business think when there is no school i shouldnt charge the parent..i disagree..im tired of reminding the parent that they have to pay for sch days off since i am still open so i sent a text message asking if they wanted to pay before or after the break...6 hours later and still no response....this is the annoying part of daycare...i was thinking about only taking kids that are full time so there are no questions or problems about payments but i think/know it will affect my income.. sooooooo.....am i wrong for still charging for the school aged children when theres no school????
Up