Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Holidays Coming Up
melissa ann 06:50 AM 10-10-2011
Okay, so I changed my handbook over the summer. I changed a little about the holidays. I put in that if a holiday falls on a Sat, I will be closed Fri and if it falls on a Sun I will be closed Mon. Now, I was closed Christmas Eve, because we have church at 4pm and I know my dcps will not show up on time so I just close. I'm also closed N.Y Eve and N Y Day as well. This year, these holidays fall on a Sat & Sun. So, I will be closed Fri Dec 23 and Mon Dec 26, Fri Dec 30 and Jan 2. I'm also close Thanks and day after, but have always been closed those days. I know my dcps will have a comment or two to say about my closings. I know I will have to get my backbone back in the next couple of weeks. I was going to put in a reminder in the Nov newsletter.
pfund2233 06:57 AM 10-10-2011
I say they will get over it. I mean you deserve the time with your family too!! I'm closed all those days myself and my parents were cool about it. Good Luck!
caligirl 09:14 AM 10-10-2011
I do the same thing. This year I am also closed the same days you are........
I close for the following Holidays:
New Years Day
President's Day
MLK Birthday
Memorial Day
Independence Day
Labor Day
Veterans Day
Thanksgiving
Christmas Eve
Christmas Day
New Years Eve

and I take between 15 - 20 days of personal days (which are my vacation days) per year, including my birthday. I never like to work on my birthday!
Tags:closed for the holidays, handbook, holidays
Reply Up