Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Handbook & Child Forms
Smith3 02:19 PM 10-27-2015
Hey y'all! This is only my second post but I have been reading posts on here for quite some time. I love reading through here and seeking help from y'all that have been in the game for many years. Right now I don't care for any children so I'm taking the time to toss my old handbook and other forms and start from the beginning. I'm having difficulty with making sure I have everything that's a key essential as far as forms and etc. Keep in mind that I've lost kids a long the way for having to term because I kept being treated as a babysitter and parents weren't following policies. Could someone provide a check list of some kind to help guide me in the right direction? Is there a good way to make a attractive handbook cover page to add to it? Thanks for any help
Michael 03:34 PM 10-27-2015
Welcome to the forum! It's helpful if you use the TAG search using the word handbook: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php

Here are some threads on handbooks: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=handbook
Thriftylady 03:54 PM 10-27-2015
Think of all the things you termed over, and include those things. If they were a big enough issue to cause you to term, they are big enough issues to include!
Smith3 04:32 PM 10-27-2015
Originally Posted by Michael:
Welcome to the forum! It's helpful if you use the TAG search using the word handbook: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php

Here are some threads on handbooks: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=handbook
Thank you sir! I appreciate it!
Smith3 04:33 PM 10-27-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Think of all the things you termed over, and include those things. If they were a big enough issue to cause you to term, they are big enough issues to include!
That answer was so plain as day that if it were a snake it Would have bit me lol. Thanks so much! A fresh insight is apparently what I needed
Thriftylady 05:16 PM 10-27-2015
Originally Posted by Smith3:
That answer was so plain as day that if it were a snake it Would have bit me lol. Thanks so much! A fresh insight is apparently what I needed
I am not saying I wouldn't add other things, but that is what I started with when I restarted. When I quit years ago, it had a lot to do with being over the parents. BlackCat has a great website and handbook she might be willing to let you look at. I try not to copy others, but I get ideas from them.

So for me it was things like picking up on time, not dropping off early (I do contracted hours I did open to close before and I found really quick people took advantage). Then payment was another big one, but I switched to pre-pay only so "no pay no stay".
Smith3 05:25 PM 10-27-2015
I am not saying I wouldn't add other things, but that is what I started with when I restarted. When I quit years ago, it had a lot to do with being over the parents. BlackCat has a great website and handbook she might be willing to let you look at. I try not to copy others, but I get ideas from them.

So for me it was things like picking up on time, not dropping off early (I do contracted hours I did open to close before and I found really quick people took advantage). Then payment was another big one, but I switched to pre-pay only so "no pay no stay".
I've actually tried both and both were bad for me lol. Open to close I think is so draining. I'm 7-6 and kids often would be picked up at 6:30. I have a family of my own and that's not a lot of family time afterwards. I've been rethinking my availability. 11 hours is so long.
Thriftylady 05:52 PM 10-27-2015
I've actually tried both and both were bad for me lol. Open to close I think is so draining. I'm 7-6 and kids often would be picked up at 6:30. I have a family of my own and that's not a lot of family time afterwards. I've been rethinking my availability. 11 hours is so long.
Yes, some days it can be way to long! People don't realize that kids can be exhausting!
Smith3 06:03 PM 10-27-2015
Yes, some days it can be way to long! People don't realize that kids can be exhausting!
I feel like adjusting my times available only limits my potential "customers". So I'm back and fourth with it. Thanks for chatting
Thriftylady 06:33 PM 10-27-2015
I feel like adjusting my times available only limits my potential "customers". So I'm back and fourth with it. Thanks for chatting
Well I am a 24/7 provider right now. But I only have one family with two school age girls. Mom is a nurse and is on mostly day shifts now, so I have the kids from 6AM to 8PM. Some days not quite so long. But sometimes I still have them overnight. They are great girls and mom is awesome. They are really a dream daycare family so that helps me with the hours. And sometimes I have a four or five day stretch where they aren't here, because her long hours means she doesn't work as many days a week, but she is also working three jobs right now. I just had four days off and went out in the semi with hubby for a short run. I wish I could more afford to keep just them.
Tags:handbook, handbook - sample
Reply Up