Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Frustrated
sharlan 11:10 AM 10-01-2018
Dcm brought me pull-ups about 6 weeks ago. I used them for one week and I've had dcg in panties ever since. I use the pull-ups for nap and when she goes home. I put panties on the minute she gets here.

She had one accident on a Monday a few weeks ago. No accidents for several weeks. I dont remind her, she goes on her own.

She had an accident on Friday, and laughed about it, after being with her dad W and Th.

Today she's already had 3 AFTER sitting on the potty. She sits on the potty for 10 mins or so, then gets up and I help her put her panties on. She walks away, comes back and pees on the carpet.

I think she pees in pull-ups all weekend. Dcd brought her Thurs afternoon in a full diaper. She'd obviously had it on all day.

I talked to dcm on Friday about the diaper. Oh, I dont know why dcd put her in a diaper, they're next to the pull-ups. I reminded her that we all have to be on the same page, blah, blah, blah.

So what do I do? Put a mostly pt'd child back in diapers and forget about it? It's not fair to her to pee in pull-ups all weekend and be scolded for peeing on the carpet on Monday. (I tell her no, we dont pee on the carpet, I dont yell or make a huge issue.)
BrynleeJean 11:40 AM 10-01-2018
Ew yay that would frustrate me too but you can’t control what thy do at home so I’d simply say to whoever picks up yet we are having lots more accidents recently and I was using panties and she was doing great but because of the frequent accidents I’m going to have to go back to pull ups for sanitary reasons until we are using panties at home as well so we are all on the same page. So please bring me a great big (expensive ) package of pull ups until we are ready to train again thanks!
ColorfulSunburst 03:23 PM 10-01-2018
Originally Posted by BrynleeJean:
...So please bring me a great big (expensive ) package of pull ups until we are ready to train again thanks!
I would say YOU instead of WE. the child is ready, the provider is ready. Only the parents aren't ready.
sharlan 05:45 PM 10-01-2018
Just talked to dcm. I asked if she's wearing panties at home. Noooooooo, but she is going to the potty.

I told her to bring me pull-ups because she's peed on my carpet, fireplace hearth, and my fabric dining room table today. 5 accidents today.

I told her it was too confusing to go back and forth.

I'm done with parents!
Mike 06:35 PM 10-01-2018
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I'm done with parents!
Just like Nannyde's book says.
sharlan 02:21 PM 10-05-2018
Well, she's been in pull-ups since Monday afternoon.

She's not gone in the potty chair once since Monday. If I ask her if she needs to go potty, she tells me no.

This from a child who wore panties 10 hours a day for weeks without an accident. I didn't ask or remind her, she went on her own.

Potty chair is being put away. Until dcm gets it together, I'm not going to worry about it.
Ariana 05:56 PM 10-06-2018

She's not gone in the potty chair once since Monday. If I ask her if she needs to go potty, she tells me no.

This from a child who wore panties 10 hours a day for weeks without an accident. I didn't ask or remind her, she went on her own.

Potty chair is being put away. Until dcm gets it together, I'm not going to worry about it.
This is absolutely ridiculous! Why are parents such idiots . This poor kids development is being stunted for sure and they missed the window for easy training. Now they will have to undo this mess.
lovemykidstoo 06:46 PM 10-07-2018

Good choice. I have to say that the longer I"m in this, the more I have the attitude that why am I fighting things like this. My new philosophy is I get paid the same no matter what. If they don't care, then neither do I.
Tags:toilet accidents, toilet training - not
Reply Up