Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Frustrated and ready to quit!
blueskiesbutterflies 06:04 AM 09-08-2014
I ran a very successful family daycare in my home about 6 years ago. I never received any violations at all and had a really big waiting list! I lost my daycare due to a divorce and having to sell the house. Now, 6 years later I have decided to reopen as of July 2014. It is September and I have three kids and one on the way. I will admit I have turned a few away due to situations such as unconsistant working, not being able to pay, and other issues. One women gave birth in her living room and her mom delivered the baby. Both women came to check the daycare out and when I looked at the baby the women jerked her back and said, "DO NOT TOUCH THE BABY!" I emailed her and let her know I would not be accepting her child and she called me crying so hard I culd not understand her. So, I felt sorry for her and said OK I will accept the child, her husband called and said NO we are going else where! WOW...

Now, the kids I have are just pure you know what. My first one gets here at 7:45am. He is 18 months old and when mom drops off he is find, no crying and having a blast. Give him 5 min after she leaves he starts screaming his head off...I mean SCREAMING...What does he want? He wants to walk around my whole house. I use one very large room for my daycare and he will stand by the gate and scream. If I let him out of the gate he is happy as a lark. Well, excuse me but that is my part of the house and we are not allowed back there.

I have another boy that gets here at 8:30 and he is almost three. All he does is walk around crying as soon as he sees the daycare! He comes in sucking his thumb and is crying...After he lays back down he lays there sucking his thumb and is fine.

At around 9:00, I have a little 13 month old who is not from this country and I must say she NEVER cries! She is great!

My last child is new to the country and daycare. She is two years old and from Columbia (this wednesday will be 2 weeks being in america) and she cries and cries and cries. When she finally stops crying she will just watch us and play a little. I can understand her because she has no idea what I am saying.

OK, so I am very frustrated because for one I cannot find anymore kids. All these kids are new and I have done so much advertising on craigslist and facebook and flyers and I cannot find any more kids. I cannot make it on these kids! I think my child from Columbia is quitting because she did not come today and they do not seem happy. She has only been here one week today and she did show a few signs on adjusting Friday.

All this crying over not getting their way is really getting to me. Today, I am thinking of quitting because I need to get more income so I can get the rest of my stuff to get license.

It has been two months and I have three enrolled and one on the way. I am just about done...I guess I will start filling out job applications today because I cannot find kids nor can I handle all this crying and yelling!!!
Sugar Magnolia 06:21 AM 09-08-2014
If you can't find enough enrollment, and the children you do have you consider "pure you-know-what", then maybe you should consider seeking employment in a different industry. Sometimes you gotta do what is best for you!
CraftyMom 06:26 AM 09-08-2014
The little girl from Columbia...was she adopted and brought here or her parents moved here too? Either way she needs more time to adjust! Huge change for her!

Sorry, that doesn't have much to do with your post, I just wonder why she would be in daycare so soon after a big change
KSDC 06:38 AM 09-08-2014

Hope it gets better soon!
Cat Herder 06:44 AM 09-08-2014
Originally Posted by blueskiesbutterflies:
It has been two months and I have three enrolled and one on the way. I am just about done...I guess I will start filling out job applications today because I cannot find kids nor can I handle all this crying and yelling!!!
Only you know what you can handle, and you clearly know when to call it quits.

I think it is so awesome that you recognize that in yourself and are not going to keep pushing through, miserable and resentful, for the money.

There are so many out there that keep on going, everyday, that way with the kids feeling every bit of it. Kudos to you for getting out with grace
Reply Up