Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Too Strict or Am I Too Nice?
melissa ann 11:10 AM 10-19-2012
Okay, I just started working at a daycare center a few weeks ago. And, I don't know. I just don't feel comfortable there. Ex: there was a child about 3 who pooped in his pants. The owner freaked. This child was humilated in front of everyone. Demanded to know why he would do that and was made to play with children younger than he was. I would have have taken the child to the bathroom, helped clean up and asked why he did that. Maybe he wasn't feeling well, having issues at home, or just an accident etc. I felt bad for the child. The owner and another teacaher nit pick every little thing. Things that I think are not worth it. Even the school age kids. They don't give the kids a chance to work out their issues, which a lot of times they will if given the chance. They act like drill sergents. If a child does not behave they will call them out it and make sure that everyone knows. I swear they do more yelling at the kids then talking. Sometimes they don't even give the kids a chance to do what they what them to do. It's like what they say, the kids should have done it 5 mins ago. I just feel bad for the kids. The kids get excited when they see me and all call out my name. (which annoys owner and other teacher) But I am interested in what the kids say. They will tell me about their day, what they did at home/school etc and will give me hugs before they go home.
Willow 11:19 AM 10-19-2012
Originally Posted by melissa ann:
Ex: there was a child about 3 who pooped in his pants. The owner freaked. This child was humilated in front of everyone. Demanded to know why he would do that and was made to play with children younger than he was.

The above would be against licensing rules and regulations where I'm located.

Humiliation and intimidation are not acceptable forms of punishment.

Were his parents notified that that's how their child was treated?
melissa ann 11:28 AM 10-19-2012
I don't know. I'm not there during drop-offs/pick-ups. I'm there during the day in between most times when parents show up.
Reply Up