Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>No Call No Show Help
kelsey's kids 06:09 AM 11-19-2013
I am a 24 hour daycare but over the last month only have day time kids. Usually picked up by 6. 3 weeks ago I got a call for a drop in overnight fron 10pm to 8am once a week or so. I told the parents I would do it thinking that it wouldn't interfere with my time off but both times she has set up a day the chikd would be here she didn't show. The fist time she called at 930 and then last night nothing. I waited up for her until 11 thinking she was running late so cute into the amount of sleep I get by an hour >( so here is my question should I text her back informing her that due to the no call no show I will no longer be available or wait to see if she even contacts again?
DaycareMom 06:13 AM 11-19-2013
I think you should just wait and then if/when she contacts you, explain to her why you will no longer provide care for her.
Don't waste your time. She clearly has no respect for you or your time.
Cradle2crayons 06:20 AM 11-19-2013
Originally Posted by kelsey's kids:
I am a 24 hour daycare but over the last month only have day time kids. Usually picked up by 6. 3 weeks ago I got a call for a drop in overnight fron 10pm to 8am once a week or so. I told the parents I would do it thinking that it wouldn't interfere with my time off but both times she has set up a day the chikd would be here she didn't show. The fist time she called at 930 and then last night nothing. I waited up for her until 11 thinking she was running late so cute into the amount of sleep I get by an hour >( so here is my question should I text her back informing her that due to the no call no show I will no longer be available or wait to see if she even contacts again?
If it were me, I would call HER and inform her that the offer for care has been terminated due to no call no shows. Yes, be done with her.
MamaBearCanada 06:34 AM 11-19-2013
Have you considered making fees for dropin due at time of booking and non-refundable? They can send payment by email transfer so they don't have to go to your place.
laceylmm 06:55 AM 11-19-2013
She is probably just using you in case she can't find someone to do it for free.
Unregistered 07:57 AM 11-19-2013
I would agree that she is probably using you as a backup in case whoever is doing it for free or less isn't available.

I do 24 hour care and the kids I have at night are my most reliable. People don't bring their kids to overnight daycare unless they have no other choice because they are literally paying you to sleep. My overnight DCM even pays me double time holidays that I am closed when she can't get off work because she literally has no family to help. Some days I wish she will call in sick or no show but it never ever happens.

I would probably tell her no if she called again but because it's drop in you really have no obligation to contact her. If you do choose to try it again, I may tell her she needs to bring them at a time that is half an hour before you go to bed, that way by the time you are ready to sleep you have given her an extra half hour and there is no reason to wait up.

Make it as easy on yourself as you can and don't lose sleep or give up other things in order to accommodate them. I made that mistake and they don't appreciate it anyway. Now, if I have a parent that wants to drop off at a time that is not convenient, I arrange a different time for them to do so or I have had parents bring their child to me if I was going to be at my kids' sports practices or something.
crunchymama 12:51 PM 11-19-2013
I'd send her a message that new policy--drop-ins are now payment due at time of scheduling.
Reply Up