Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone ever use one of these with their DCKs?
bklsmum 05:48 AM 04-06-2014
I got it last week at Christmas Tree Shoppe for $15 and I am setting it up for the DCKs this week. Any bad experiences to share that I should look out for?
http://kids.discovery.com/shop/role-...rd-rocket-ship

Josiegirl 06:40 AM 04-06-2014
I haven't had a rocket ship but did buy a cardboard house for them to color. It lasted maybe a month, the kids had fun decorating it but I closely monitored so that I wouldn't have colored walls, floors, each other. They did kinda destroy it by trying to jump through the windows. I had a very aggressive group then. But they still remember it so they had fun I guess.
If anybody had access to refrigerator boxes, you could do the same.
MichellesKiddos 07:24 AM 04-06-2014
I bought one of those a few years ago and the kids loved playing in it, but they didn't really get into the coloring part of it so much. I had mostly boys then, so I was happy that it lasted a few months before the tape could no longer hold it together
Kimskiddos 07:52 AM 04-06-2014
Don't have one of those but I do have a washing machine box that we've been using since before Christmas (really surprised it's lasted this long). Like another said I let them decorate it with crayons, daubers and markers but closely monitored them so it didn't get on the walls or carpet.

Don't think I would want to spend a whole lot of money on cardboard because the kiddos will tear it up pretty quickly.
MamaBearCanada 10:41 AM 04-06-2014
We had an icecream van one. The main thing that helped with durability was taping weak spots or where things connected to help reinforce the cardboard.
Cradle2crayons 10:43 AM 04-06-2014
Originally Posted by MamaBearCanada:
We had an icecream van one. The main thing that helped with durability was taping weak spots or where things connected to help reinforce the cardboard.
DUCT tape... Lots of duct tape
spud912 01:17 PM 04-06-2014
We had a ship (as in water, not space) one year and a caste twice. I bought all of them on clearance after Christmas for about $10 to go along with our themes at the time. We painted the castles both times, which the kids absolutely loved. We colored the ship with markers. The ship hardly lasted 2 weeks but the castles lasted about 2 months (1 month inside the house and then it was moved outside where it eventually was destroyed).

Since then, I've been on the hunt for a warehouse where I could get a couch box or large appliance box. There are so many possibilities when you make your own!
Starburst 05:58 PM 04-06-2014
Originally Posted by Kimskiddos:
Don't have one of those but I do have a washing machine box that we've been using since before Christmas (really surprised it's lasted this long).

Don't think I would want to spend a whole lot of money on cardboard because the kiddos will tear it up pretty quickly.
For Christmas, My cousin's son (4) got a really nice kitchen set which came in a really big box (similar in shape to a large 60' flat screen TV box but a lot wider). While my cousin and I were putting the kitchen together: my little cousin, my brother (20), and one of his friends (about 24) decided to play in the box. 5 minutes later it was pretty much destroyed.
Tags:cardboard boxes
Reply Up