Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>California Coverage Question
Unregistered 01:23 PM 08-29-2017
Hi, was reading up on coverage following a question from someone else, and wasn't clear. I have an "employee" on my license who has been through all the required training, cpr, food safety etc, as well as background check. What i was trying to follow was are they allowed to cover the daycare for a whole day, or just part of one. I read a line that stated 20%, but was not sure if that was meant as 20% of a day, or total operating hours. Any help is greatly appreciated, don't want to do things incorrectly.
sharlan 01:31 PM 08-29-2017
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my interpretation is 20% of all hours.

I would say one whole day is fine.
hwichlaz 01:40 PM 08-29-2017
This will vary by licensing rep. Mine is fine with 20% overall. She said some of them don't want to look at more than a month at a time though. But a whole day is fine. Because of my own rep, I can comfortably have someone cover my vacation if I like.
Unregistered 02:13 PM 08-29-2017
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
This will vary by licensing rep. Mine is fine with 20% overall. She said some of them don't want to look at more than a month at a time though. But a whole day is fine. Because of my own rep, I can comfortably have someone cover my vacation if I like.
hwichlaz, that was my intent as well, but i didnt want to cross any lines, i will speak to my rep to verify. Thank you
daycare 02:35 PM 08-29-2017
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my interpretation is 20% of all hours.

I would say one whole day is fine.
Yes what she said. Also don't forget they need their immunizations on file too!
Reply Up