Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Teething...OT
Hunni Bee 12:33 PM 02-16-2014
What do you do for the teething child who doesn't like any teething remedies??

7 month old DD has been teething for months but I think she's finally about to cut one. She is really irritable but...

-she doesn't like cold things, so cold washcloths, frozen fruit, cold teething rings etc are out
-she won't hold the teething keys, she just wants it to stay in her mouth like a paci and gets mad when it doesn't
-orajel isn't really helping much
-I don't want to start doping her up on Tylenol/Advil...only a last resort

Any recommendations?

Thanks
BumbleBee 12:35 PM 02-16-2014
Wooden teething ring? I have a dcg who is 9.5 months, no teeth yet but obviously teething. She will mouth anything wooden-none of the other teething remedies worked w/her either.
Cradle2crayons 02:15 PM 02-16-2014
My daughter was very similar... The last resort thing before giving her an OTC was to take a little Advil on my finger and rub her gums with it... Believe it or not, it works. Her pediatrician gave me the idea. Worked like a charm.
SilverSabre25 08:06 PM 02-16-2014
I like Hyland's teething tablets, and amber teething necklaces, myself. But I'm crunchy like that.
Hunni Bee 08:14 PM 02-16-2014
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
I like Hyland's teething tablets, and amber teething necklaces, myself. But I'm crunchy like that.
I like crunchy!!!

I wanted to get her a teething necklace but the only place I've ever heard of/ saw them is on here...dont know anybody that uses one. I think I'll buy one. And the teething tablets, how do you give a baby a tablet? Or does it dissolve in something?
SilverSabre25 08:37 PM 02-16-2014
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
I like crunchy!!!

I wanted to get her a teething necklace but the only place I've ever heard of/ saw them is on here...dont know anybody that uses one. I think I'll buy one. And the teething tablets, how do you give a baby a tablet? Or does it dissolve in something?
just pop 2-3 in her mouth. They dissolve almost instantly. aim for under her tongue if you can/want.

http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Baltic.../dp/B004DS8EIU here's one!
Mom2TLE 09:05 PM 02-16-2014
I second the teething tablets. Just know that she might fall asleep after giving them to her not because of what is in the tablet, but because they finally feel relief and are able to rest. I would do tablets over anything else.
MamaBearCanada 05:03 AM 02-17-2014
I havent tried this but if she likes soothes what about something like this

http://m.toysrus.com/skava/static/pr...ww.toysrus.com

It's a textured soother for teething.
Unregistered 05:57 AM 02-17-2014
I totally didn't believe in that homeopathic stuff, but there is something about Hylands that made me a believer! That stuff is magical. Their cough syrup is pretty amazing too!
sharlan 03:42 PM 02-17-2014
I totally LOVE the Hyland's. They instantly dissolve in their little mouths.

The best thing is they are non-toxic. My eldest granddaughter got ahold of a bottle out of a diaper bag when she was a toddler and ate quite a few before dd got the bottle from her. DD called both Hyland's and Poison Control. Both said not to worry she could have eaten the whole bottle without any effects.
Tags:teething necklaces, teething tablets
Reply Up