Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Where To Buy Items
MommyofThree 06:43 AM 01-15-2012
Where do I buy stuff for my daycare at a reasonable price. Not toys. I have so many lol.
Blackcat31 07:40 AM 01-15-2012
Art supplies? Food? Furniture or equipment?

What kind of stuff are we talking?
Mary Poppins 08:00 AM 01-15-2012
Oriental Trading Company has all sorts of things you may be interested in.
DCMom 08:18 AM 01-15-2012
Overall, I buy almost all basic supplies, furniture AND toys from Discount School Supply. I can shop online and they deliver for free. Good quality at a reasonable price.

For curriculum add on's and party supplies I like Oriental Trading Co.

Food ~ wherever its the cheapest, lol!
melissa ann 10:13 AM 01-15-2012
Overall, I get most of my supplies (crafts, cleaning, food) at Dollar General Store. Love that store and back in Aug they built one in my town. yeah! I can walk to it. The kids love the round crackers (like townhouse and ritz) at Dollar General and a box only costs $1.50 compare to $3.99 for the name brand at my local grocery store. And yes, it's for the same size package.
I also go to Dollar Tree.
Mary Poppins 10:48 AM 01-15-2012
Originally Posted by melissa ann:
I also go to Dollar Tree.
Yes! I get tons of stuff there, including teacher supplies.

I also use wallies.com to decorate the walls with lots of fun stuff they have there. The kids love the "Wall Play" decals they can peel off and stick (dollhouse, aquarium, etc.). I try to catch those on sale though.
Zoe 02:52 PM 01-15-2012
Craigslist for outdoor equipment, WalMart for groceries (we have an awesome WalMart where we are), toys from friends or garage sales, you get the idea.
PitterPatter 05:52 PM 01-15-2012
Originally Posted by melissathayer28:
Where do I buy stuff for my daycare at a reasonable price. Not toys. I have so many lol.
Dollar Tree!!! They have items for curriculum, rewards, school supplies, arts & crafts, even some food I buy there. Holiday items, gifts, party decor... you name it. I even get some of the mittens and small clothing items there. You can't beat a buck for EVERYTHING!

They have a little of everything and are even better than the Dollar General and Family Dollar stores, which I use sometimes as well.

When all else fails I use Walmart and for holiday craft projects I turn to Oriental Trading.
Countrygal 03:53 AM 01-16-2012
Dollar General, Thrift stores, garage sales when I get the chance, Dollar Tree, Wally-World if I must.....

For art supplies Michael's or Nasco online or eBay. I found some really heavy, great construction paper in great colors for cheaper than WalMart on eBay.
Sunchimes 05:52 AM 01-16-2012
I didn't realize Nasco had all of those different branches. I wonder if they would trade all of the farm supplies I've bought from them over the years for some of those manipulatives?
Countrygal 06:42 AM 01-16-2012
For those of us in WI you USED to even be able to go to the warehouse and pick the stuff up! Made for a nice day trip. Don't know if that option is still available, tho.
Sunchimes 07:03 AM 01-16-2012
That would be fun! I used to spend hours pouring over the farm catalogue making a wish list. I can see myself doing the same now--different catalogue.
Countrygal 05:02 AM 01-17-2012
Sunchimes, I first used NASCO for art supplies and then found the farm catalog!! Just the opposite of you!

I did look it up and the Fort Atkinson store is still open!!! They also now have one in Modesto, CA!
Tags:curriculum websites, daycare supplies, website, websites
Reply Up