Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rude Jerk!
Unregistered 12:59 PM 12-12-2011
I am so tired of the disrespectful dcd that I have been dealing with for three years. He just came in talks.g on his cell phone. Didn't even acknowledge me. Ummm, really? This is MY HOUSE. I am so tired of his rudeness. I am hitting my limit with this one!!!
Heidi 01:02 PM 12-12-2011
lol....sorry you got dis'd!
PolkaTots 01:05 PM 12-12-2011
Sounds like a new policy is in order...

This is what mine says:
Please refrain from using you cell phones during arrival and departure times. Transition times aren’t always easy for some children, and it is best if they have your full attention.
cheerfuldom 03:29 PM 12-12-2011
i don't allow parents to be on their cell at my house....problem solved
Lucy 08:19 PM 12-12-2011
I would have just started talking to him about his child's day. Tell something funny that the kid said or did. Just talk as if he's not on his phone. It might sound rude, but it's just showing him that you (and his kid) take priority over a phone call.
Meeko 06:03 AM 12-13-2011
One provider here (sorry...can't remember who) actually had a mom who walked in on the phone and when the provider tried to talk, the mom put up her hand as if to tell her to shut up!!!

I've had parents do an entire pick up while gabbing on the phone even though my handbook says to finish calls before knocking on the door as I may want to discuss their child's day.

I just talk over them as if I can't tell they're on the phone.
Tags:cell phone policy, cell phones - not, disrespectful parents, parents - disrespect
Reply Up