Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does anyone else have a horrible Craigslist???
Crazy8 04:14 PM 08-10-2012
And I don't just mean the daycare ads. I never used to check craigslist for anything but garage sales, tried listing a daycare ad once but got nothing but spam.

But recently I've been checking it every few days just going thru the baby/kids and the toys sections, etc. I hear about people scoring great things cheap on CL all the time - all the pinterest posts, etc. but OMG, my area's CL page is horrible!!! Junky dirty toys that you'd maybe see for $3-5 at a garage sale are listed at $15-20 on CL. Strollers that brand new were maybe $200 are listed after a few years of use at $150. I was looking for a table and chairs for my basement and couldn't find anything under $200 - what I'm looking for is that much new in Kmart right now.

I tried using some CL pricing for my last garage sale - I had some GOOD stuff - but I had to come down drastically to sell it all (and I still made $800 in that 1 day!!), seems just because they are listing it for that much doesn't mean they are getting it.

So, does anyone else have a really lousy price gouging CL in their area???
AnneCordelia 04:38 PM 08-10-2012
Our craigslist in Toronto is awful. Kijiji.com has really taken off though, and that's where I get most of my clients!
Lyss 05:37 PM 08-10-2012
Yes! Ours is out of control! Everyone thinks they have a gem!

The daycare area is a mess too! People are always posting "don't use so and so" or "these parents don't pay" drama. Which then turns into a big back and forth whine session from people that were not at all involved. Its annoying.
Nickel 05:40 PM 08-10-2012
My Craigslist is horrible too. Once in awhile I can score something really good, but most of the time it is over priced junk. And the daycare listings, well, what a joke.
cheerfuldom 08:33 PM 08-10-2012
ours is okay, not great though. I have joined a few FB buy/sell groups lately with more success on items than CL. its been awhile since I had any really good prospects from an ad on CL and I have moved on to some better ways to advertise. I used to have a lot of interest for the daycare of CL but now there is so many people advertising there
Sugar Magnolia 05:22 AM 08-11-2012
I tried to sell an antique pie safe....absolutely 100% scam replies. However, I sold my truck in one day, and bought a motorcycle in an hour. I posted a child care ad a year ago and was sorely disappointed. Very "undesirable" responses.
Tags:craigs list
Reply Up