Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Infant advice
Indoorvoice 11:39 AM 05-29-2015
I just started a 3 month old this week and I haven't cared for infants other than my own before. I'm trying to let him do his own schedule, but I'm struggling with keeping a routine for my older kiddos. What does your typical daycare day look like with an infant? Also he cries whenever I put him down and even when I'm holding him, he only wants to be held a certain way. What is a reasonable amount of time to expect an infant to play quietly on the floor? I have a really nice gated play area set up with him with just a few simple interesting toys for him to look at an interact with, but he only wants to be propped up on the boppy, which I'm trying to limit (mom and dad constantly have him propped at home). I'm working on letting him fuss for a little bit and letting him know I'm here and hear him, but it's so disruptive! How long should I let him fuss (loudly) before I give in and pick him up. I just feel like he should be getting used to a little bit of independent play at this point. My girls would lay on the blankets playing with their hands and watching objects for a good 15 minutes at this age, but maybe I'm just expecting too much. Any insight and expertise on this is welcome, even if you have to criticize what I'm doing right now. I'm open to change.
Heidi 11:53 AM 05-30-2015
bwaaahaha....

If you hadn't said "he" I would have thought you'd gotten the LO I just termed.

I am out of the baby business for a while; the last 2 ruined it for me. So, I have no advice, but lot's of these:

My bested DCF is having a baby in November. I've had their 2 1/2 yo since she was 6 weeks old, and they "get it". So, I am baby free until January.
Reply Up