Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>941- Tom Copeland ?
jojosmommy 11:20 AM 04-25-2013
Last year I attended one of your trainings and in Feb hired my husband and pay him both income and med reimbursement for the help he provides the daycare. I have a seperate company manage his payroll, tax reporting etc so that I don't have to try to understand all that too . As soon as I formally hired him we rec'd a notice that said we needed to file a 941 form. Which we had this seperate payroll company do. Now, we have been rec notices saying the amount we have submitted (for his taxes) on behalf of him being my employee are not rec'd by the irs and we receive these notices every quarter. The amount matches exactly the amount we have paid each quarter on his behalf.

What gives? Is this just a part of business taxes and I should get used to this happening all the time or are we doing something wrong? Somehow did the irs get "my number" and I am being looked at over cautiously about every little thing we do? We have had to submit additional forms on everything the last two years, student loans, these 941 etc. We are doing everything legally but it seems like I am spending so much to my tax professional and this payroll company to keep sending things off to the IRS all the time.
TomCopeland 05:54 PM 04-25-2013
Originally Posted by jojosmommy:
Last year I attended one of your trainings and in Feb hired my husband and pay him both income and med reimbursement for the help he provides the daycare. I have a seperate company manage his payroll, tax reporting etc so that I don't have to try to understand all that too . As soon as I formally hired him we rec'd a notice that said we needed to file a 941 form. Which we had this seperate payroll company do. Now, we have been rec notices saying the amount we have submitted (for his taxes) on behalf of him being my employee are not rec'd by the irs and we receive these notices every quarter. The amount matches exactly the amount we have paid each quarter on his behalf.

What gives? Is this just a part of business taxes and I should get used to this happening all the time or are we doing something wrong? Somehow did the irs get "my number" and I am being looked at over cautiously about every little thing we do? We have had to submit additional forms on everything the last two years, student loans, these 941 etc. We are doing everything legally but it seems like I am spending so much to my tax professional and this payroll company to keep sending things off to the IRS all the time.
I can't say for sure, but it sounds like your payroll company did not forward your payment on Form 941 to the IRS. Have you asked your payroll company about this? Did you authorize them to pay these taxes for you?

The IRS is not trying to "get" you. Maybe there is an identity theft problem with the IRS thinking you are someone else.
Reply Up